Lead Professional Officer, Software
CTES CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology
S$8500 - S$10000
Our client, a tertiary education institute, is currently looking for a Lead Professional Officer (Software Engineering) to join their esteemed organisation!
The Professional Officer acts as a first line mentor to students on hands-on and practical activities such as labs, student projects and IWSP to enhance the students’ technical problem solving skills and increase their preparedness for industry.
The roles and responsibilities of this role include:
- Work with faculty in the development, design, planning and set-up of laboratories for teaching and research activities. This may involve activities to plan, procure and manage equipment in the lab, provide training to staff and students on usage of specific laboratory or equipment as well as development of lab manuals.
- Mentor students during hands-on projects and laboratory activities for ICT year-1 and year-2 student to enhance their practical problem solving skills. This may involve conduct of relevant practical activities as well as supervision of students in their projects and laboratory assignments as a part of applied learning.
- Guide students to navigate the industry environment during their Integrated Work Study Programme (IWSP).
- Support the faculty in the supervision and assessment of students for IWSP, ITP (integrative team project) and for Final Year Projects/Capstones
- When innovation project opportunities arise, participate in the project/s together with faculty and students.
- Working in a team to manage and ensure the readiness, operations and proper maintenance of the laboratories resources.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations in the laboratories.
If you possess the following qualities, look no further, apply now!
- A good degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computing from a recognized University. Major in Software Engineering or possessing a Master degree will be advantageous.
- Proven working experience as Software Developer or relevant experience, with good knowledge of industry practices and technological applications in the field.
- Have a firm grasp of several programming languages, as well as experience dealing with a range of software and hardware.
- Keen interest to support research and academic project work, with demonstrated ability in developing software solutions to technical problems.
- Possess strong supervisory skills and enjoy working closely with students in an educational environment.
- Self-starter with hand-on knowledge to setup network and server systems, manage software development environment and configuration activities to support testing and maintenance of information system, software applications, hosted services and websites
- Demonstrate proficiency to stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and pursue professional certification programs. Industrial certifications in relevant areas will be an added advantage.
- Professional Officers appointed at senior levels may have managerial responsibilities.
An exciting career awaits the right candidate! Click "Quick Apply" to register your interest now.
All applicants' CV will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing on 05 May 2021orview more job listings from this company