Lecturer - Marine Offshore Engineering
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Engineering, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should be trained in Marine & Offshore Engineering or related disciplines with at least 3 years of relevant work experience in shipyards or sailing experience onboard a foreign going vessel as a marine engineering officer.
You should also possess the following skills:
• Maintenance and operation of all marine mechanical and electrical equipment and their standards.
• Knowledge of marine engine, piping, electrical, electronic, hydraulic system, and control technology.
• Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and Other Alternative Fuels
• Offshore wind and other renewable solutions.
• Future offshore systems, autonomous vessels, Maritime data analytics and Marine robotic.
• Growth mindset in teaching pedagogy and passionate about teaching
• Previous experience as an instructor/coach in this trade would be an advantage
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 30 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company