Lecturer - Mechanical Engineering
INSTITUTE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Engineering, Public / Civil Service
S$3000 - S$6000
As a Lecturer, your contributions go beyond teaching and facilitating learning. You play a critical role in recognising and nurturing your students’ potential and their lifelong learning needs. In addition, you will carry out industry or consultancy projects to help you remain relevant in your profession and to evolving changes in industry, and maintain strong linkages with industry and schools. You will also have the opportunity to have industry attachments or experience on a regular basis to update your skills, knowledge and practices of your profession. Those with good and relevant experience can look forward to Senior Lecturer or equivalent positions, with career development opportunities to leadership positions in the Colleges or Headquarters.
You should be trained in Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering-related disciplines, with preferably three years of relevant practical experiences in Mechanical or Manufacturing industry. Good knowledge and technical competency in some of the following key area(s) will be an advantage:
- PLM software including 3D modelling and analysis packages
- Design Equipment with Mechanical, Pneumatic & Electronic Systems
- Integration of Sensors, Motors & Control Systems for Automation Systems
- Programming Language (e.g. C/C++, C#,Python , ROS)
- Programming with Microcontrollers (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry)
- Proficiency in Internet of Things and Machine interface technologies (Web-based operating systems - Industry 4.0), will be a plus
You should be trained in Engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field in the discipline. Knowledge and actual application in Non-Destructive Testing experience is a plus.
Preferably three years of industry experience with at least one of the following areas: Systems Integration and Control, Electromechanical Systems, and Mechanical Engineering Design.
Multi-disciplinary engineering industry experience with a focus on Industrial Internet of Things, data collection, Data Analytics and Systems Analysis for Manufacturing, Systems Integration of Industry 4.0 will be an added advantage.
- Familiarity with 3D software such as Solidworks, Autodesk’s Inventor or equivalent.
- Ability to work with colleagues-students, convey knowledge in-a-form students can understand, and be able to adapt teaching techniques to student needs-various instructional setting.
Ability to work independently as well as within a group and be able to motivate students. Ability to work with a diverse group of students.
Applicants may check their application status at the end of 8 weeks from the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 30 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company