Mechanical Design Engineer
KORVIS AUTOMATION ASIA PTE. LTD.
Design, Engineering, Manufacturing
S$3500 - S$4500
- Design, document and support the build of high precision automation tooling, instrumentation and machine vision guided robotics and mechanical drives.
- Develop mechanical designs to meet customers’ requirements or for prototype or development machines. Work with other functional groups and 3rd parties to achieve optimal system interface and integration. Where appropriate, supervise and co-ordinate the activities of technicians and subcontractors on assembly and fitting units, components and parts precision tooling to build special-purpose machinery, robotic work-cells and factory automation projects.
- To assist in planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing projects in timely manner to ensure schedules and customers’ requirements are met.
- Develops detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies/tools, and controls, using Solid Works Modeling and computer-assisted drafting equipment.
- Ensures all drawings, bills of materials, purchase requisitions and quality checks are completed as per project schedule and ISO 9001 processes.
- Conducts Design Reviews to analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Confers with customer representatives to review specifications and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
- Supports during manufacturing, assembly, de-bug, and customer buy-off.
- Writes technical reports, manuals and technical support documentation
- Performs a wide variety of additional functions to facilitate Korvis’ ability to meet project schedules and product deliveries
- Reads, understands, and acts upon mechanical and electrical drawings including piece part and assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, work instructions, and procedures
- Determines manufacturing methods, techniques, and procedures as required to perform tasks as required for to ensure designs perform as required
- Designs test fixtures and setups as needs arise
- Communicates with vendors to support procurement and to address issues
- Responsible for any other role as assigned by the Operations Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma or Degree in Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent degree in related technical field desired
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience in designing automated machines and material handling systems across various industries.
- SolidWorks or AutoCAD experience desired
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principle involved in production of precision technical drawings, and models
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to design and production
- Knowledge of design principles, steel and aluminum part creation, sub assembly and pneumatics.
- Ability to work independently in designing and liaising with customers on technical specifications and requirements
- Participate in and effectively communicate in group discussions and meetings
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Closing on 06 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company