SEMBCORP MARINE INTEGRATED YARD PTE. LTD.
Permanent, Full Time
S$1500 - S$2000
Overall purpose of job :
To organize and supervise a group of workers to perform mechanical jobs afloat according to the instructions and guidance from the foreman.
Main activities / tasks (Principal accountabilities) :
1. Administers, monitors and continuously ensures that all operations conform to safety requirements and maintains high safety standards.
2. Organizes repair works according to the schedule of the department job allocation.
3. Supervises group of workers to perform mechanical jobs and gives guidance.
4. Ensures that workers are using the tools and equipment correctly and safely.
5. Ensures that his workers are applying the correct work procedures.
6. Ensures that the workflow is smooth and there should be tractability and control in the respective sections.
7. Supervise the safe, efficient operation of the job in accordance with the yard’s Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality (HSEQ) plans.
8. Encourage team members to develop ideas for improvements in operation that may contribute to improve Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Programmes.
9. Ensure reporting of all accidents/ incidents, and investigate them involving their men.
10. Ensure that the workers are provided with the required Personal Protective Equipment and the workers use them in the proper way.
11. Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements as well as in-house Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality programme.
12. Any other associated tasks and responsibilities assigned from time to time.
Minimum Nitec / Higher Nitec education with relevant working experience or NTC-3 certificate in overhauling of marine engines and fittings or completed apprenticeship in the yard for at least three years.
At least 0-3 years’ in a similar capacity preferably in a marine industry.
Good knowledge of overhaul in marine engines and fittings. Knowledge of the shipyard’s safety rules and regulations. Basic knowledge of material lifting. Basic command of English is a prerequisite.
Good knowledge of the applications of pneumatic and electrical equipment, able to work under pressure and interpret blueprint of technical drawings.
Required to work overtime, weekends and public holidays when necessary.
Admiralty Road West
Interested candidates with relevant background are invited to send us an updated resume with your current and expected salary, reason of application and earliest availability via APPLY NOW button.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Please note that your personal data disclosed to Sembcorp Marine Ltd and our group of companies, shall be used for the purposes of evaluation, and processing in accordance with our recruitment processes and policies. By providing your personal data, you have consented to the aforesaid purpose under the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Closing on 05 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company