PMIC Pre-Silicon Mixed-signal Verification Engineer (Singapore)
QUALCOMM GLOBAL TRADING PTE. LTD.
S$5000 - S$7000
Digital - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use. Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Uses System tools, such as National Instrument (NI) products, LabVIEW, and MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes. Uses language such as HDL, C, PERL. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives. Analog - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design and circuit specifications based on system level requirements. Is actively involved in all aspects of the design from system definition/simulation to circuit design and simulation. Heavy involvement in overseeing layout and silicon evaluation is also expected. Uses design tools such as Cadence ADE, MathWorks MATLAB and others. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives. The responsibilities of this role include: • Working under some supervision. • Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct. • Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc. • Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions). • Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework. • Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines. • Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required. • May be solicited during strategic planning period. The responsibilities of this role do not include: • Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Uses tools/applications (i.e., Cadence, RTL Compiler, etc.) to execute the architecture and design of an individual block according to design protocol provided.
• Participates in developing an implementation strategy that meets system requirements and customer needs, occasionally relying on help from manager.
• Resolves architecture, design, or verification problems by applying sound ASIC engineering practices with minimal supervision.
• Owns the design and verification strategies of ASICs, SoC, and IP cores of a single block or IC Package.
• Writes tests and regressions to identify any bugs in own work and helps more junior team members do the same.
• Runs power checks on a single block to ensure it meets specifications provided by team lead.
• Interprets the results of performance checks and reports them to team lead.
• Provides ideas and furthers the innovation of ASICs, SoC, IP cores, and/or transistor level integrated circuits.
• Writes, reviews, and edits technical document in accordance with template requirements.
• Communicates directly with lead on any significant deviations from the Plan of Record for assigned block in a timely manner.
• Participates in design or project reviews and project meetings and supports these by providing team lead with progress on own related tasks.
• Provides input (i.e., timing, feasibility) on assigned tasks related to projects.
• Provides input on process improvement by identifying existing resources or work products that can be reused or applied to assigned tasks. Additional responsibilities might include:
• Designs and implements test keys according to technology requirements.
• Uses modeling/simulation/layout tools to debug issues and help the development of competitive process technology modules.
• Develops and maintains databases for technology data mining and analysis. IT Core Competencies N/A Required Competencies (All competencies below are required upon entry)
• Analytical Skills - The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
• ASICS Engineering - The ability to define, design, verify, and document ASIC digital and analog product development. This includes being involved in all aspects of the process and using design or System tools as appropriate.
• Building Trusting Relationships - The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
• Communication - The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
• Creating the New and Different - The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
• Decision Making - The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
• Getting Work Done - The ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. This includes adapting to competing demands and shifting priorities. This also includes improving adaptability, pursuing new skills and knowledge, and regularly seeking feedback from others.
• Project Management - The ability to use organizational skills for purposes of planning and decision-making. This includes developing and communicating objectives, timelines, assignments, and goals. This also includes the ability to scope projects, orchestrate multiple activities at once, and use resources efficiently across functional areas within the enterprise. • Results Documentation - The ability to document test results across an entire platform, domain, or department. This includes understanding department-wide test cases to make sure systems are working properly, providing support to a larger team to debug complex errors, and reporting high-level results to senior leaders and stakeholders. Additional Competencies N/A
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
• 2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
• 4+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
• 2+ years experience with architecture and design tools.
• 2+ years experience with scripting tools and programming languages.
• 2+ years experience with design verification methods. Physical Requirements
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Closing on 22 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company