Procurement and Supplier Development Manager
AMAZON ASIA-PACIFIC RESOURCES PRIVATE LIMITED
Building and Construction, Engineering, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$6000 - S$11000
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! The Infrastructure team provides AWS and Amazon.com with the compute, network and data center capacity that are the foundations of the retail and cloud business. We are seeking a Procurement professional to support the APAC data center operations space.
As a Procurement and Supplier Development Manager, you will create and implement sourcing strategies for various sub-categories in the General Construction category while collaborating with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs for Amazon. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. Additionally, you will drive results through methods that include competitive bidding, negotiating, and analyzing data and market trends for your category.
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, and communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You must be collaborative, but also work with autonomy. To be successful in this role you must be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines; exhibit an intense curiosity and learning drive; succeed in a fast-paced environment; engage and influence key stakeholders; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. Also, you must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects and driving them to completion to meet business objectives. It will be critical to embrace and model Amazon’s Leadership Principles and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a “get it done” mentality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive the development of various sub-categories such as steel, cement/concrete, and other materials in the General Construction domain
- Support the General Construction category team during strategic initiatives across APAC
- Achieve cost savings through bidding and negotiations
- Analyze category data and metrics to drive Procurement category strategies
- Understand trends in customers’ needs and concerns, across categories and regions, to influence customers’ priorities
- Lead supplier selection process across multiple categories, internal teams, and regions, and create longer-term supplier selection strategies for management
- Ensure you are knowledgeable about the supply market and supplier capabilities, technically and geographically.
- Develop mechanisms and metrics to track supplier performance related to delivery, quality, and cost
- Create supplier scorecards to measure and track supplier performance
- Lead business reviews to discuss best practices and issues and to ultimately improve supplier performance and strengthen business partnerships
- Innovate within the procurement space, automating and/or improving tools or processes to better support the Procurement Lifecycle
- Provide support throughout the contracting process, as well as management of contracts post-execution
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience in an international Procurement organization performing procurement, category management, contract negotiation and bidding
- Ability to develop and drive category strategies, pricing models, and influence stakeholders across the organization
- Demonstrated ability as a Project Manager who can prioritize workload and manage projects within cost and schedule
- Strong business judgement, instincts, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business owners to overcome obstacles and deliver results
- Some travel is required (<25%)
- Master’s degree in Business, Procurement & Supply chain or relevant business discipline.
- Experience in data centers, engineering, an infrastructure service provider or similar technology company
- Ability to develop, communicate and report on market intelligence data, including commodity trends and labor indexes
- Demonstrated success in driving strategies and analyzing market trends
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
#SGunited / #Data center / #Data centre / #Datacenter / #Datacentre
Closing on 02 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company