Product Development Engineer (18-month contract)
SINGAPORE INNOVATE PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Environment / Health
S$4100 - S$7700
At SGInnovate, we invest in startups that have the ambition, passion and expertise to develop Deep Tech solutions to challenging global problems. We help them knock down barriers — technical, adoption, and market — like no other and connect them with top talent and bring together great minds across the ecosystem to discuss, share and inspire ideas of innovation. SGInnovate is a private-limited venture capital wholly owned by the Singapore Government.
As a Product Development Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop a specific innovative medical solution for chronic respiratory conditions. We love people who are passionate about their work and enjoy working in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
Your primary role will be focused on the various engineering aspects of product development for a first-in-human clinical trial, in addition to other strategic clinical and commercialisation-related activities as and when required.
- Close involvement in various stages of new product development of class II medical device product involving a hardware and software
- Facilitate the planning and execution of in-house V&V capabilities for the project team
- Evaluating product design and function to assess and establish the engineering requirements that are essential for the performance and quality of the device
- Develop and execute design verification and validation protocols alongside the product team
- Create mechanical conceptual designs of the medical device product
- Generate & maintain design control documentation
- Be involved in ideation, conceptualisation, prototyping and translation as required
- Modify and improve existing designs and products
- Track and manage engineering change requests, notices, etc.
· Bachelor’s/Master’s of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with 5-8 years of experience in new product development in medical devices
· Experienced with rapid prototyping, cross-functional system integration and associated troubleshooting
· Technically proficient in engineering tools such as 2D and 3D engineering design tools i.e. Solidworks, etc.
· Robust knowledge of product development cycle, quality management systems (ISO 13485) and regulatory requirements
· Experienced in implementation and maintenance of cGMP, ISO 13485
· Respiratory medical device experience, programming skills are a plus
- Experience with respiratory products is a plus
- Highly detail oriented, methodical with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of teamwork, ownership and accountability
- Proven ability of analytical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Comfortable with uncertainty and a fast-paced startup like environment
Closing on 18 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company