Resident Technical Officer
JACOBS INTERNATIONAL CONSULTANTS PTE. LTD.
S$5000 - S$5700
Our Water business is still hiring for Resident Technical Officer to be part of our project team working on a mega water treatment project.
About the opportunity
The RTO Civil will oversee all civil, structural, and architectural (CSA) works for the construction of the assigned facility within the project. They will work across all the project contracts assigned to the facility (and periodically across the project), to monitor, support, and guide the implementation of all CSA works by the Contractors including both Contractor designed elements as well as the procurement, installation, testing of the CSA works. The RTO will be part of a larger team of REs and RTOs with an indirect reporting line to the Lead RE / RTO Civil for the facility and Chief Resident Engineer (CRE) / QPS working across all contracts.
- Carry out the duties and responsibilities in accordance to the Building Control Act on record for the supervision of the works
- Work under the direction of CRE / QPS overseeing all CSA works.
- Refer to Best Practices for QSS for RTO.
- Read and understand BIM model, contract drawings, and specifications relating to the construction works
- Maintain an updated registry of construction documentation, including drawings and specifications at all times
- Maintain close communication with Contractor and Project PM / Engineer and providing timely updates to the execution of the works by the contractor
- Carry out supervision of the construction works in accordance to the requirements in the BIM model, contract drawings, withstanding supervision of critical works where necessary
- Maintain an updated registry of drawings, records and reports for the construction works inspection, including the issuance of non – conformance notices and tracking of rectification works.
- Proactive participation and provision of value-added inputs to the Contractor’s Safety Management System
- Proactive participation as an observer in the Contractor’s Safety Committee Meeting. This shall include supporting and participation in regular safety inspections
- Proactive surfacing and highlighting of safety issues, including the issuance of safety violation notices
- Provide oversight on Contractor’s Erosion Control Plan and report on the effectiveness of the Contractor’s ECM.
- Attendance of site progress meetings
- Provide oversight of the contractor’s construction schedule. Provide proactive and timely update to conflicts to schedules which may cause delays
- Drafting of weekly / monthly progress reports, including taking and compilation of regular progress photographs
- Maintain and update records of changes to contract drawings and specifications
- Provide proactive and timely updates to issues which may give rise to contractor’s claims for variations
- Check and certify quantities and contractor’s progress payment claims. Maintain close communication with CM / Engineer / QS to resolve outstanding contractor’s claims.
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Minimum Diploma in Civil / Structural
- Registration as an RTO with IES – JAC
- Large scale or similar water treatment plant project experience preferred due to the project’s nature of works
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant construction experience. A consultancy background would be an added advantage
- Proficient in MS Office suite. Knowledge in BIM will be an added advantage.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
Closing on 16 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company