Senior Electrical Engineer
SYSTEM TECHNIC ENGINEERING PTE. LTD.
S$5000 - S$8000
You will be joining a well-established Electrical Engineering Company which specialises in maintenance, servicing and testing of electrical installations, 22kV switchgears, transformers, low voltage switchboards and cables up to 22kV.
We believe an engineer should "dirty his hands" and work from the ground up. You will have highly experienced in-house LEWs as mentors – a minefield of knowledge and experience.
You can look forward to a challenging and empowering career with an attractive remuneration package and a wide range of personal development opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The job content is wide and varied with countless opportunities for hands-on work and management:
• Carry out servicing, testing and maintenance of high tension switchgear, transformers, low voltage switchboards and cables in Distribution network
• Plan and schedule daily jobs
• Ensure that administrative requirements of clients are met e.g. Submission of name lists for clearance.
• Manage and supervise a team of engineers, technicians and artisans to ensure works are completed as per plan and schedule, meeting quality & safety objectives.
• Manage and coordinate with clients on schedules, the scope of works, on-site issues, technical issue, etc
• Monitor and ensure staff and workers passes necessary and valid work passes to work.
• Prepare method statements, Work Instructions and other infrastructure documentation.
• Timely completion of site work or project documentation such as service report, test report, post service report
• Ensure compliance with Bizsafe regulation and ISO Quality Standards related to the execution of assigned work
• Assist in company innovation projects such as Mobile Form and Inventory Solution
• Respond to and investigate all incidents and non-compliance issues and complete all appropriate paperwork and reporting
• Other ad-hoc duties as assigned by the management.
Career Progression Plan:
The experience gained on the job will put you well ahead of the pact in your running for professional recognition with the PE Board, EMA and Singapore Power:
• First Goal: Attainment of a PE Certificate
• Second Goal: Attainment of a LEW, grade 9 Licence (22 kV) allowing you to practise in the consumer market
• Third Goal: Attainment of an SP Powergrid Authorised High Voltage Testing Engineer Licence allowing you to carry out Switchgear Testing Works in SP Powergrid sub-stations
• Long term Goal: There are many opportunities for you to climb the career ladder to lead and manage the company's operations and business.
- Possess Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering preferably in Power.
• Those with Class 3 driving licence would be preferred
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience in operations/engineering management position
• Possess strong leadership quality, good planning and organizing ability.
• Takes initiative for personal and professional development.
- Must work on weekends, public holidays and during odd hours due to the nature of the business.
Closing on 20 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company