Senior Professional Officer Robotics Automation
CTES CONSULTING PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology
S$7000 - S$9000
Our client is actively searching for a Senior Professional Officer, Robotics Automation to join their team!
If you are a dynamic individual seeking a new career opportunity, read further!
The University bring our rich industry experience and technical skills into our work, creating a better physical environment where learning and innovation take place. We work with teaching programmes and innovation projects to improve the skills of our students and strengthen and energise our industry and the wider community.
A Professional Officer has a combination of job responsibilities relating to the following: mentor and facilitate student learning, participate in and manage innovation projects and manage laboratory resources.
In this role, you will assist the Programme Directors in setting up and maintaining the Autonomous Systems Lab for the a Joint Degree Programme on Electronics and Data Engineering. Your broad knowledge in mechatronics, sensors, electronics, and communication will be instrumental in system integration of various mobile agents, sensors, conveyor belts, and robotic manipulators using various protocols (ZigBee, WiFi, Bluetooth, 4G/5G, etc.) to achieve coordination, command, and control without deadlocks or circular waiting in a mathematically justified framework. Prior experience in setting up IoT and Industry 4.0 platforms will be an advantage.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Mentor students during practical learning activities to enhance their technical problem-solving skills. The learning activities may be laboratory classes, group design projects, IWSP, and Bachelor Thesis. Development of learning activities and assessment of students may form part of the responsibilities.
- Support research and industrial project work undertaken by the university, where opportunity arises.
- Work with the faculty in designing, planning and the continuous development of the laboratory facilities designated for teaching and research activities in the area. Provide training to students on usage of laboratory equipment.
- Carry out Risk Assessment, and ensure compliance with Work, Safety and Health Regulations.
- Coordinate procurement and liaison with vendors/suppliers.
- Work independently, as well as within a team, to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment.
- For those hired at senior levels, management responsibilities may be included.
The ideal candidate will need to have the following qualities and experience:
- Have deep, hands-on competence in the areas of system integration with specific application in robotics and automation.
- Have at least 5 years of working or teaching experience in the industrial automation environment.
- Have a Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Mechatronics Engineering. Possessing a Master’s or PhD degree will be advantageous.
- Knowledge of ROS, LabView, Python, and MATLAB will be advantageous.
Closing on 05 May 2021orview more job listings from this company