VETCO GRAY PTE. LTD.
S$15000 - S$18000
Site Manager has the responsibility to manage site activities in collaboration with Installation Manager (IM) or Field Coordinator (FC) from Head Quarter (HQ) taking detailed care of the of the project. He will be the focal at site between the Customer, Site Management Team and BH Teams. The role will report to the Resource Manager for SEA region.
- At Baker Hughes offices, prepare field services jobs and interventions with the IM or FC.
- Site Logistics: He/She shall share and agree upon with Customer site opening conditions; shall verify that Customer provides required utilities (water, electric power, compressed air, etc…) or organize them with contractors.
- . He/She also verify that the site logistic conditions for all FSEs are in according to the ST&C written in the contract and he/she should deal directly with Customer for resolving all the related aspects, fully supported from IM or FC at HQ.
- Safety: shall ensure that Operating Safety Plan shared between Environment Health Safety/Service Department and Customer is applied with no deviations, leading by examples.
- Site organization: define an organizational chart of supervision personnel and a communication protocol in concurrence with IM or FC, shall always define the personnel enabled to have direct interface with Customer’s reps
- Site Planning: controls site work progress, with special reference to subcontracted manpower, in order to ensure timely completion of works. Communicates to IM or FC progress data and the reasons for eventual discrepancies.
- He / she should manage all the site documentation as per contract requirements and applicable Quality procedure. He / she shall has knowledge of all Quality procedures applicable to specific activities in order to interact with Company processes.
- Good attitude to manage relationships with customer and Oil & Gas HQs, concerning technical and contractual aspects.
- The Baker Hughes Site Manager shall sign-of for approval timesheets (internal and external FSE and OEM/manpower), before submitting them to Customer
- Provides directions to personnel and verifies that pre-defined controls with checklists are carried out in concurrence with IM or FC and focal point in FSE Technical Support team.
- Coordinates the Installation, commissioning & start-up activities with the customer schedule and reports the actual progress to customer and GE Oil & Gas HQ
- Management of FSE personnel and subcontracted manpower. He/She shall tackle and resolve FSEs EHS and quality issues interacting with IM or FC for all eventual corrective actions.
- He/She will be responsible to manage all the human issues that could arise at site in the best interest of Baker Hughes and Customer.
- Management of Vendor personnel. He/She shall tackle and resolve Vendor quality issues interacting with IM or FC for all eventual corrective actions.
- Ensure that FSEs have adequate resources (manpower, tools, technical documents, facilities, etc) to perform their tasks.
- Ensures that Red Flag Review process for New Units Installation is followed and applied before proceeding with Units start-up.
- Ensure that all the financial contractual aspects are constantly monitored and updated together with the IM or FC and PM.
- Ensure all reports and drawing "marked-up" are completed.
- Ensure all RCA and Lesson Learned are addressed properly to HQ.
- Ensure all field activities are performed in safe and quality matter following GE processes and applying related procedures.
- Ensure all Non Conformity (technical and materials) are properly addressed using GE e-tools
- Installation or Maintenance experiences with GE Oil & Gas products
- Assure compliance with local/current legislation, requests & requirements present in the site Safety Manual.
- Electronic/Mechanical Engineer Degree or Technical High School
- 5 - 8 + years related work experience either in engineering or field activities in Oil & Gas industry
- Strong knowledge in rotating equipment installation, commissioning, start-up or maintenance of Baker Hughes/GE equipments (Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Centrifugal Compressor, Reciprocating Compressors, etc.) and their auxiliaries.
- Strong experience as site leader in Oil & Gas environment.
- Ability to understand and implement technical drawings and procedures
- Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
- Strong capability in manage/engage people
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of English language
- Availability to frequent travel worldwide (on and off-shore)
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Microsoft Project, Primavera)
- Lead FSE or above, certification required
Closing on 18 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company