Software Architect (Air Traffic Management Software Engineering)
CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Engineering, Public / Civil Service
The Civil Aviation Authority, together with Thales established the Aviation Innovation Research (AIR) Laboratory in Singapore in 2019. This laboratory facilitates innovation and collaboration between CAAS and Thales for the next generation Air Traffic Management (ATM) systems. Sited at WeWork’s flagship location in Suntec, AIR lab aims to develop and demonstrate future ATM Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs) leveraging on emerging technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence.
CAAS software engineers / architects together with our Air Traffic Controllers (ATCOs) and ATM domain experts will be working in concert with Thales engineers in the development of these PoCs.
We are seeking motivated individuals to be part of this team to collaborate with Thales in the development of the ATM PoCs. You will work closely with various internal stakeholders as well as Thales engineers to design, develop and test software components with the defined functional baseline of the PoCs. You are expected to display a high level of technical proficiency in back-end software design and development while being flexible, proactive and comfortable with learning a new domain, new concepts and new techniques. You will be working on various components of a new, innovative and Cloud-native platform with a combined CAAS-Thales Agile team.
Your key strengths and interests should be in Core Java, low latency programming, real time software, micro-services and Cloud-native applications.
Most of your time will be spent at the AIR Lab located at Wework in Suntec Tower 5, with occasional meetings and/or briefings requiring you to return to CAAS Offices in Changi Airport.
Software Architect Responsibilities
• Encompasses those responsibilities of the Software Engineer listed above.
• Gather and translate business requirements (e.g. business case, requirement specification, non-functional requirements and use case models) into technical solutions
• Define the technical solution for infrastructure and deployment of the project including system architecture and Platform as a Service (PaaS) implementation.
• Model the architecture using architecture modelling tools and industry standard architecture notation.
• Produce architecture documentation.
Software Architect Required skills and qualification
• Software architects should have all the skills and qualifications of a Software Engineer.
• In addition, they should have at least 8 years of experience or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 5 years of experience.
• Experience in Solution Architecture design, definition and development.
• Experience guiding small teams and / or junior software engineers
Software Architect desired skills and experience
• Good knowledge of Cloud technologies and Cloud-native architectures for system design and delivery. Knowledge of specific Cloud supplier platform services, in particular Kubernetes,
• Knowledge of messaging broker middleware / COTS packages such as Kafka producer / consumer and Kafka Streams
• Understanding of cybersecurity concepts in the domain of cloud technologies, architectures and deployments (e.g. how things are connected and potential risk areas)
• Knowledge and practical experience of virtualized and containerized deployments and their Linux foundations
• Previous exposure to and use of several tools for CI/CD and automated software testing, with hands-on software design and development experience.
• Effective user of I/SDE and Gitlab (or equivalent) environments and able to quickly construct SW projects and efficiently carry out debugging and project increment delivery in constrained environments.
• Knowledge of real time software development and safety critical systems
• Knowledge of several languages (e.g. Kotlin, Go, TypeScript, Ada or Java 6) or frameworks (React, Swing)
• Previous experience with large data storage and analytics platforms (Datalake) and data manipulation tooling, e.g. Kibana, Elasicsearch, LogStash
• Previous experience with AI/ML frameworks
• Power user of base OS (Linux) cli and shell scripting to accelerate personal and team outcomes.
Closing on 19 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company