DSO NATIONAL LABORATORIES
Engineering, Information Technology, Sciences / Laboratory / R&D
S$4000 - S$8000
DSO National Laboratories (DSO) is Singapore’s largest defence research and development (R&D) organisation, with the critical mission to develop technological solutions to sharpen the cutting edge of Singapore's national security. At DSO, you will develop more than just a career. This is where you will make a real impact and shape the future of defence across the spectrum of air, land, sea, space and cyberspace.
We seek to find and retain individuals who are passionate in turning ideas to actual systems, with a strong sense of purpose in advancing our capabilities and state of the art. We are looking for individuals who can work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team including software, computer, mechanical, electronics and communications engineers.
People are DSO’s greatest asset. You will get to realise your career aspirations and develop your own niche either as a deep technical expert or a leader in the team. With frequent career dialogues and a robust training and development framework, we will provide you with the necessary development tools for you to reach your potential. You will also be recognised and rewarded through competitive remuneration packages and scholarship opportunities.
Our highly skilled Software Engineers develop software that breathes intelligence into our systems. We aim to make our systems smarter and faster, easier to operate, collaborate seamlessly with other systems and easily adaptable to different mission needs.
As a Software Engineer, you will be working with a multidisciplinary team of software, computer, mechanical, electronics and communications engineers who are passionate in turning ideas to actual systems, with a strong sense of purpose in advancing our capabilities.
In your role, you will be involved in one or more of the following activities in a software development life cycle:
• Be part of a dynamic team to elicit system requirements and develop software specifications, based on mission and users’ needs
• Design software architecture that are resilient, safe and secured
• Write robust code to implement software requirements and design tests cases
• Build up test environment and simulators for hardware and software verifications
• Collaborate with the team to carry out integration tests with the hardware platform in the lab / field / flight / sea trials
• Short term travel overseas for trials may be required in certain job posts
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer / Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Computer Science
• Experience in C / C++ / Java / Python programming and Object-Oriented Analysis & Design would be advantageous
• Passion to write code and participate in field trials to see the code in action
• Interest in any of the following areas: Machine Learning, Data Analytics, IoT, Real-Time Embedded Systems, Cyber Physical System Security, Robotics, Graphical User Interfaces, Video Encoding, Signal Processing, Network Communications, Control, or full web stack development
• Open minded and comfortable in interacting with engineers from other disciplines
Closing on 24 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company