[MAS] Assistant/Deputy Director, Senior Blockchain Specialist
MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
The Monetary Authority of Singapore works with the financial industry to promote Singapore as a dynamic international financial centre. It facilitates the development of infrastructure, adoption of technology, and upgrading of skills in the financial industry.
The Fintech Infrastructure Office (FIO) is responsible for regulatory policies and strategies for developing safe and efficient technology enabled infrastructures for the financial sector. We lead industry experimentations to explore the use of emerging technology and establish industry-wide technology enabled infrastructure.
Project Ubin is a collaborative project with the industry to explore the use of Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) for clearing and settlement of payments and securities. The Ubin effort includes the research into establishing a digital multi-currency payments network to enhance commercial cross-border clearing and settlements globally.
We are looking for a DLT/Blockchain expert who has deep experience with the technology and its application in the financial services sector. This role will build on the work started with Project Ubin and will be responsible to drive innovations in the digital asset space, such as central bank digital currencies (CBDCs), tokenised securities (e.g. equities and bonds) and token-based payment systems.
As a DLT / Blockchain expert, you will:
• Provide expertise on distributed computing, cryptography, cyber security, consensus algorithms and smart contracts.
• Monitor international and domestic trends and developments
• Formulate regulatory policies, standards and strategies, as well as drive initiatives to engender the safe and efficient use of the technology in the financial sector
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to assess evolving technical, legal and regulatory issues and risks.
• Collaborate with the financial industry in Singapore, other central banks, international organisations and research community on these topics and related implications.
• Represent MAS at official meetings, industry and academic conferences and events.
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting
- Experience in Digital Currency initiatives
- Strong engineering or software development background
- Experience and deep knowledge of distributed ledger technologies (DLT), transaction processing, distributed systems, cooperative algorithms, applied cryptography and privacy preserving technology
- Experience in blockchain technologies , e.g. Ethereum, Quorum, Corda, Hyperledger Fabric, Hyperledger Besu, DAML.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills, with the ability to apply creative and innovative thinking to solve highly complex problems and design trade-offs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, including being able to explain highly technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Track-record of design thinking, and effective project and resource management, from ideation to build
- Self-motivated and pro-active, taking ownership and personal accountability to achieve assigned objectives
- Team player with ability to collaborate, and work effectively and constructively with colleagues across different locations
- Academic qualification in computer science, engineering or another technology-related field
Closing on 22 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company