[MAS] Assistant Director / Associate, Insurance, Funds & Infra Finance Division (Funds)
MONETARY AUTHORITY OF SINGAPORE
Public / Civil Service
For the legal position within funds team, you are expected to have legal training and/or experiences e.g. reviewing legal documentations. Your primary responsibility is to contribute towards the growth of the asset management industry, and to position Singapore as a global funds centre for the co-location of fund management and domiciliation activities. You will monitor global trends and developments in the industry to support the development of a new funds strategy to tap areas of growth in the sector, such as to support the development of new Singapore Variable Capital Company (VCC) structure for investment funds, to enhance Singapore’s market access network for funds distribution and to strengthen capabilities in the fund domiciliation ecosystem.
You will also be actively involved in formulating and implementing strategies to engage global public investors, such as sovereign wealth and public pension funds, to add to the depth and diversity of the pool of institutional investors in Singapore. As part of your work, you will be in frequent contact with industry players to understand and analyse market trends and issues. You are expected to possess skills in competitiveness analysis and strategic planning.
- For the legal position:
- Legal training and/or experiences e.g. reviewing legal documentations or relevant legislative Acts
- Experience in legal practice and legislative drafting is a plus
- Relevant experience in asset management and/or fund servicing sector is preferred
- Good appreciation of business needs and market realities and demonstrated abilities to make good judgement call
- Excellent strategic thinking, and strong data and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and be able to positively influence internal and external stakeholders
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A good team player who is proactive and motivated with keen interest in strategy and developmental work
- Good understanding of overall financial system and asset management industry will be an advantage
All applicants will be notified on whether they are shortlisted or not within 4 weeks of the closing date of this job posting.
Closing on 21 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company