(Senior) Life & Health Actuarial Analyst at Allianz SE Reinsurance, Singapore
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$14000
We currently have an opening for a (Senior) Life & Health Actuarial Analyst in our Finance Division in our Singapore Branch. This position reports to the Head of Life & Health Actuarial based in Germany, and the Regional Chief Financial Officer based in Singapore. This is an expert position and has no staff reporting into it.
- Prepare and perform actuarial analysis for assigned business area(s), including documentation, communication and explanation of results.
- Execute actuarial reserving approaches and processes in line with global processes, including early identification of adverse reserve developments.
- Prepare & provide reserving information and business projections for the branch and internal reporting, in compliance with Group & Regulatory requirements, e.g. MVBS and MAS.
- Assist in the business planning process by providing appropriate input, as well as developing and maintaining models that aid actuarial calculations.
- Communicate with the business on all actuarial and reserving issues, such as identifying deviations from plan or adverse business development, as well as proposing appropriate action items.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and regulators regarding reserving related issues.
- Promote and foster close collaboration and interaction with the various business areas in the company (e.g. Finance, Underwriting, Client Management, etc.).
- Peer review work from other team members in the same team and perform quality checks.
- Constantly keep abreast of leading market practices and actuarial techniques to drive innovation in the team.
- Complete ad-hoc requests and projects, as assigned.
Key Requirements / Skills / Experience
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial Sciences, and a top performer in academic results.
- Newly/Nearly qualified Actuary.
- At least five years of professional actuarial experience in the insurance/reinsurance industry or in consulting, ideally in a multinational company with a matrix reporting structure.
- Excellent analytical skills, highly detail oriented and ability to think outside of the box.
- Extensive computer skills including MS Office and SQL. Knowledge of RAFM would be advantageous.
- Finance, insurance and reinsurance knowledge, ideally in Life & Health, as well as a firm understanding of the complexities inherent in a (re)insurance company.
- Robust knowledge of Life & Health business financials and actuarial concepts (e.g. reserving & pricing techniques, rate development, regulatory rules & regulations, etc.).
- Knowledge of IFRS 17 and Singapore regulatory requirements would be advantageous.
Closing on 19 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company