#SGUnitedTraineeship Analyst - Credit Portfolio Management, Distribution
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED
Banking and Finance
S$2500 - S$2500
Contract role (9 months)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Credit & Portfolio Management team is a key part of Commercial, Corporate and Institutional Banking, and has a mandate; deliver a greater front line ownership of risk, reduce Profit and Loss volatility, and optimise scarce resources (capital and liquidity) across the balance sheet.
To provide support/assistance to the CPM-Distribution team in:
· Loan Sales: Driving efficient and effective secondary distribution of bank exposures to meet risk and return objectives;
· This involves reviewing portfolios of loans for sale, learning about the underlying credits and providing brief write-ups to educate the financial market sales teams, and making recommendations on proposed sale pricing. The graduate will be responsible for presenting the monthly updates on loan sales. This involves working with stakeholders within CPM, Risk, and the business to determine and execute appropriate distribution and hedging strategies.
· Driving Distribution: Prepare the papers for, and participate in, the monthly Distribution Forum which brings together the various distribution teams within the bank, to drive and co-ordinate distribution strategy consistently across the bank; Securitisation: To learn the basics of how securitisation works, to learn how to build a portfolio, review underlying exposures for inclusion, carry out a robust analysis of securitisation economics, effectiveness, compliance with relevant regulations, and execution risk to enable decision making.
Practically, we would also want the graduate to recommend to us and build a better record-keeping system for the various email records that are relevant to the securitisations each month.
Technical and competencies
· Building the foundation and learnings of products
· Analytical skills
· Bachelors Degree - graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from universities
· Good Oral/ written communication skills
· Good facilitation skills
· Being detailed oriented and capable of delivering high level of accuracy
· Good interpersonal and consultative skills
· Good organisational skills
· Competency in excel
· Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills
You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines.
Closing on 07 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company