#SGUnitedTraineeship Data Scientist - Nexus
STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Banking and Finance
S$2500 - S$2500
Contract role (9 months)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Role & Responsibilities:
· We are looking for a Junior Data Scientist to help building our Enterprise Data Foundation for our digital venture in Singapore and analyse large amounts of raw information to find patterns that will help improve our company. You will help to build data products to extract valuable business insights.
· In this role, you should be highly analytical with a knack for analysis, math and statistics. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for interpreting data. We also want to see a passion for machine-learning and research.
· Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
· Crunch, mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
· Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, other business outcomes.
· Creating predictive models and machine-learning algorithms for propensity to buy, churn prevention
· Delivering the dashboards and reports that make data actionable
· Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
· Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
· Present information using data visualization techniques
· Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges
Technical and competencies
· Data analysis
· Data cleaning and wrangling
· Data visualization and interpretation
· Machine learning model development
· Machine learning model productionization
· Data science tools including Git, Jupyter notebook, Scikit-learn, Matplotlib, Plotly, Flask, Apache Spark
Bachelors Degree - graduated or graduating in calendar year 2019 or 2020 from universities
Prefer students with backgrounds in computer science/data science/business analytics. Taken courses in Programming (Python preferred), Statistics, Machine Learning.
You must have an undergraduate degree, we want and encourage applications from candidates from all degree disciplines.
Closing on 07 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company