STANDARD CHARTERED BANK
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$15000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· Our engineering team aims to build modern digital solutions in the Wealth Management space. We constantly strive to reduce time-to-market and streamline our development processes. As part of the team you will directly collaborate with business stakeholders on regular basis to devise and implement solutions incrementally in short iterations. We follow the agile methodology with continuous delivery practices and expect you to actively participate in our continuous improvement process.
· Your responsibility will be to collaboratively take part in all aspects of software delivery: planning, design, implementation, refactoring, testing, automation, integration, release, monitoring, and troubleshooting. You will be constantly learning and sharing your knowledge with your peers. We value specialized expertise; however we request everyone on the team to be curious, open-minded, and proactive problem solver.
Our Ideal Candidate
· 8 or more years of experience with Java/J2EE development
· 2 or more years of experience with Angular/AngularJS/ReactJS
· Experience using frameworks such as SpringBoot/WebFlux for microservices development
· 2 or more years of experience of Cloud environments (Such as Azure/AWS/GCP)
· 5 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of software solutions
· 2 or more years of experience with full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures
· 5 or more years of varied DB experience (e.g. RDBMS and NoSQL databases)
· Experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
· Experience working with testing frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Selenium and Cucumber.
· Knowledge and experience of SCM and CI tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven
· Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ,JMS,Kafka,etc and exposure to event driven design patterns.
· Experience with distributed caches such as GemFire,ehCache, Hazelcast etc
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Experience with DevOps principles and lean development such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, etc.)
· Experience with git principles and tools such as Bitbucket.
· Knowledge of Market data and experience integrating it.
· Experience configuring and implementing system execution/quality monitoring tools like Grafana, Graylog, SonarQube, etc.
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
· Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
· Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience in delivering technical tools, algorithms, and data structures
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
How to Apply
Click here ( https://scb.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100016621&lang=en ) to apply now and take the next step in fulfilling your potential
You can search and view current opportunities across our organization and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximize their personal potential.
Closing on 05 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company