APAC Global Financial Crime Compliance AML Investigations VP Singapore
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
This position is responsible for one of GFCC’s core functions - the APAC AML Investigations team and will be responsible for identification, investigations and reporting of suspicious transactions. The team manages Mantas and/or manual escalations of cases consistent with the Global AML Standards, provides an initial assessment of potential Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing as well as other nefarious activity and recommends cases for escalation and further review or closure as false positives.
The successful candidate will manage a team, is experienced in employee development and can motivate team members to be responsible in identifying suspicious activities timely while ensuring quality of work. In addition, the candidate is a team player who can collaborate with multiple stakeholders, possesses strong analytical skills and is adaptable and able to thrive in an evolving environment. The candidate needs to demonstrate excellent knowledge of Asset & Wealth Management (‘AWM’) and Trust AML and Compliance knowledge, possesses the ability to exercise sound judgment and observe the highest degree of confidentiality in handling of information received in the course of their responsibilities.
In this Vice President role, the individual will report directly to the APAC AML Investigations Lead.
- Lead and drive the continued and ongoing APAC AML Investigations team, identifying areas of improvements
- Direct oversight of a team and ensures that the throughput and quality of work is to the required standards
- Coach, mentor and develop existing team members’ career and skillsets
- Proactively participate and influence team's engagement with the firm's people agenda initiatives
- Expected to understand existing procedures in place and assist with cross training and/or upskilling execution
- Detailed knowledge / subject matter expertise of AML processes, Technology, Case Management and products / services
- Ensure SLA’s are managed appropriately and adhered to at all
- Ensure timeliness of Audit, Regulatory and/or Controls Evaluation requests are adhered to
- Regularly evaluate the analysis of investigations for appropriate identification of AML, Terrorist Financing, and any other red flags to assess whether escalation or closure with no further action decisions are accurate
- Assess investigations and/or AML trends and work with relevant stakeholders to perform predictive analysis
- Drive process improvements or enhancements, including the use of technology
- Document and escalate AML concerns to GFCC Senior Management, and provide solutions (where relevant)
- Participate or lead AML Investigations or LOB aligned initiatives as necessary
- Collaborate and build relationships with multiple stakeholders within the region and globally, and effectively communicate and transfer information or implement changes
- Understanding of all the risk and controls partners (Quality Assurance, Quality Testing, Controls Evaluation) processes and manage the execution of any expected work.
- Proactively gather and coordinate any changes to the firm’s AML policies / processes with MLROs, Compliance or LOB Operations and AML Transaction Monitoring.
- Occasional travel and overtime may be required.
- 10 plus years of experience in the Financial Services Industry with a demonstrated track-record and/or experience leading AWM and Trust AML investigations
- Strong leader who has experience with managing medium sized teams, able to show direction and guidance on a regular basis
- Proven track record of ongoing coaching, educating and directing a team that is responsive to dynamic organizational and operational changes
- Experience with leading the build out of new team where there is limited knowledge in place and needs to be developed over time, ability to implement procedures, identify risks and issues, and successfully navigate through to completion
- Proficient understanding of APAC AML/CFT regulations, landscape and requirements
- Experience with differing line of businesses (e.g. CIB) and/or products and services' AML investigative work is desirable
- Ability to own, deep-dive and/or investigate issues and can derive solutions independently, ultimately ensuring successful implementation or resolution
- Experienced in managing Mantas and/or technology driven case management tool will be preferred
- Proficient is MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.), and has the experience to handle large volumes of quantitative data
- Fluent verbal and writing abilities in Business Chinese will be preferred due to presence in China and regular management of China regulatory requirements
- We’re a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in English is required
- Foster and champion High-Performance, Diversity and Inclusion Culture, where people are empowered to make decisions that impacts their work and environment positively
- Outstanding client management, partnership building, leadership and direct experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders at one time
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively, influence and/or negotiate desired outcomes with colleagues and senior management
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Our Compliance teams work globally across all lines of business to advise internal stakeholders on the impact of regulatory requirements and how to balance these with the firm’s needs. Their diverse mandate means they also provide input on new business strategies, product lines, policies, training, operational processes, risk mitigation and control.
Closing on 31 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company