Application Support Specialist
EXODUSPOINT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT SINGAPORE, PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$10416 - S$20832
We are looking for a new member for our application support team to perform a hybrid role of application support and Portfolio Manager (PM) onboarding.
For PM onboarding the candidate will be responsible for helping new and existing portfolio management integrate to our in-house trading systems.This will require assisting them with FIX setup and certification and helping them with the firms provided APIs. Candidate should have experience in FIX onboarding.
For application support the candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of our trading systems. In this hands-on role, the candidate will be part of a team of support engineers who deploy, configure, and monitor our production systems, diagnose and solve issues, and optimize our systems for growth and efficiency. Candidate will cultivate a customer-centric culture, where support engineers collaborate with portfolio managers and
developers to understand business requirements and solve problems while continuously improving our systems and managing risk.
The candidate will work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment where they will leverage the ability to understand and troubleshoot complex business and technical problems and make sound technical decisions. The ideal candidate will have in depth financial industry experience who has the demonstrated ability to drive issue resolution under pressure and has a history of advocating for and delivering continuous improvement.
Additionally, there may be a requirement to work staggered shifts to cover global trading times. There will be occasional weekend work. This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a self-starter, pro-active and keen to enhance their Technical and business skills set through both hands-on experience and training.
- Act as point of contact for any user system & application queries and issues, ranging from simple technical tasks to complex business issue investigations while ensuring timely resolution and good communication for all issues
- Familiar with the trade, static and market data required in trade flow
- Form a close working relationship with development teams to communicate user requirements, identify common support issues (including root cause) and recommend changes to improve future platform supportability
- Help new and existing portfolio management teams integrate to our in-house trading systems. This will require assisting them with FIX setup and certification and helping them with the firms provided APIs
- Responsible for on-boarding new portfolio management teams, execution desk, operations and middle office users. This involves setting them up in relevant applications and understanding their workflows to setup applications in most effective manner
- Responsible for supporting systems & applications across all areas front to back including (but not limited to) systems used for Trade Capture,Middle & Back Office operations, Static & Market data capture and distribution as well as Risk and PnL
- The role will be required to assist with some degree of testing new releases in a UAT capacity and also manage some production releases
- The role will require a good understanding of the standard windows environment and specifically experience of supporting complex .NET and/or Java applications as well as enterprise level databases (SQL server, etc.)
- Confidence dealing with traders, operations and middle office, across multiple asset classes such as, Equities, Rates, FX, Credit, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in support roles of complex production systems with evidence of increasing responsibilities over time
- Financial industry/trade desk experience
- Experience in deployment and on-boarding of FIX connections with sound knowledge and experience of FIX messaging
- Experience managing incidents, ensuring that incidents are escalated and communicated correctly while handling incident with necessary problem management / postmortem steps
- Extensive experience in application support and administration
- Significant experience in UNIX/Linux, Networking, a high-level scripting or programming language such as Python, utilizing databases and SQL manipulation
- Strong understanding of OMS environment configuration and maintenance for FIX trading and incident reproduction, including FIX engine configuration
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to track multiple projects and context-switch between them
Closing on 21 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company