Assistant Fashion Designer and Marketing Associate
FU YUAN INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS PTE. LIMITED
Marketing / Public Relations, Sales / Retail
S$2200 - S$2600
Roles & Responsibilities
A. Product concept design and research
1. Trend research and develop apparel collections for each season
2. Attend project briefings.
3. Conduct desktop research and create mood boards relevant to the assigned project to outline themes and ideas.
4. Create concepts for designs, as required
5. Provide ad-hoc support where needed
6. Demonstrate an understanding of packaging, branding and marketing in general, and apply this in assigned tasks
7. Assist and manage design process from conception through to final styling.
8. Sketch your designs by hand, create technical production drawings and address buyers as a seasoned marketer.
9. Select styles, fabrics, colors, prints and trims for a collection and procure fabrics and pulls together accessories to complement created pieces. Interns assist with fabric cutting and sewing, pattern making.
10. Report to Business Development Director in product design and commercialized stage and will report to Director of the Company.
11. Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
B. Team builder internally
1. Liaise with factories in other countries.
2. Frequent visits to various outlets to understand needs of customers
3. Provide styling advices to retail staff
4. Ability to style and display all items in boutiques to create seasonal design directions
5. Maintain a positive and collaborative relationship within teams
6. Collaborate with sales and commercial teams to enhance market performance and engagement with key clients
C. Identify market trends
1. Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
2. Be able to spot trends, capture the spirit of the times in your creations and display business acumen in your ability to apply product strategy.
3. Conduct market research and business plan to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
4. Plan collections through the year
5. Collaborate with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
6. Ensure product is in agreement with business strategy.
7. Provide support to Business Developer Director, pro-actively and efficiently, on various day to day tasks, as required
8. Through most fashion magazines and inventory articles of clothing and accessories, perform photo shoots.
10. Any other related administrative work
11. Write, edit and style fashion shoots and Tatler personalities appearing in print, digital and video
12. Enhance and elevate fashion reportage, journalism, writing, styling and storytelling across all Tatler print and digital platforms
13. Oversee all digital fashion content, producing stories or vetting the fashion content from online contributors and producing social coverage of fashion events
14. Build and maintain fashion brand relationships, acting as editorial liaison and the conduit of information between Tatler Asia and fashion brands, designers and PR agencies
1. Bachelors degree or diploma in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
2. Some areas they will get to experience include photoshoots, drafting and draping, digital marketing and graphic design.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
4. Availability to local travel for research and product development.
5. Ability to do sketches by hand.
6. Excellent design and conceptual skills.
7. Excellent sense of style and color.
8. Basic fashion technical and garment construction knowledge
9. Fluent English in listening, speaking, reading and writing
10. Strong ability for internal and external communication, coordination and implementation
11. May attend these fashion-related special events related to fashion and apparel’s conference and show.
12. 5-day working week.
Closing on 09 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company