Assistant Manager, IT Project Management Office (Senior Business Analyst)
AXA INSURANCE PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology, Insurance
Permanent, Full Time
S$6500 - S$8000
This role is a Senior Business Analyst part project management role to document user stories and features in an agile project. The person in this role is expected to guide and mentor more junior Business Analysts within the team and to help peer review BA work. They will be expected to manage the allocation of work among themselves and other BAs working on the same project. The role is based in Singapore. The ideal candidate will be;
- Self-driven, hands on person, who can work well in a team and collaborate with the scrum master, developers, testers and BAs as well as business stakeholders.
- Prepare clear communication, both written and oral, to drive decision making, obtain guidance and direction and/or inform stakeholders on project status.
- Oversee and advise on all project communication matters to ensure there is an adequate level of communication between all relevant parties within a project.
- Manage sponsor’s expectations throughout the lifecycle of a project obtain buy-in from key stakeholders on critical project issues to ensure final project performance meets or exceeds agreed standards. This includes involving project stakeholders in the delivery process (e.g. definition of requirements, user testing, change management, etc.) to ensure a successful project.
A glimpse of your daily mission:
- Play an active role in all phases of the project lifecycle: encompassing feasibility, planning, analysis & design, development, testing, UAT, change management & training and end-user support.
- Work with local business stakeholders to elicit, scope and define high level business requirements in line with the business vision.
- Define, plan and execute a structured approach to:
- Requirements analysis ensuring high level business requirements are effectively translated into a complete & prioritized set of high level system changes
- Systems analysis & design, working with the offshore delivery team & business stakeholder to identify and document a complete and fully articulated set of detailed system requirements.
- Ensure business stakeholders are informed and across the system design throughout the SDLC
- Defect triage and prioritization
- Help business to define an UAT Framework and provide hands-on support for UAT logistics & execution
- Review and understand business processes and propose alternative processes/solutions where required
Successful qualifier of this mission:
- Bachelor degree or above in Business, Finance, IT or related disciplines. • Preferably project management (PMP) or PRINCE certified
- Min 7 years’ experience in BA role
- Experience working in a General Insurance company, and ideally in a Commercial Insurance business
- Practical experience of estimating and detailed planning of analysis work streams and reporting against plan
- Experience documenting user stories and features in agile projects
- Experience in system/product rollout projects
- Detailed knowledge of the system development lifecycle & the appropriate BA methods and techniques required - complex requirement analysis and use of structure analysis frameworks
- Experience working on projects with strong and well defined methodology or track record of identifying and introducing improvements
- Experience of using initiative to overcome roadblocks and effectively meet desired outcome in challenging circumstances
- Understand the test process and the link with requirements
- Ability to complete Business Specifications, Use Cases, Functional Specifications, Workflow Diagrams, Gap Analysis, Business Case, and ROI Analysis documents, as required.
- Be a strong communicator able to work with a variety of business and IT personnel
- Have a strong stakeholder management skill set – someone who can take the lead with the business rather than be led
- Ideally is familiar with MOSCOW prioritization
- Practical experience of working with remote teams in a multi-site environment with previous exposure to remote programming teams
Closing on 11 Nov 2021orview more job listings from this company