Assistant Research Officer
WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Sciences / Laboratory / R&D
Permanent, Full Time
S$3000 - S$5000
Wilmar International Limited is Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar International business activities include oil palm cultivation, edible oils refining, oilseeds crushing, consumer pack edible oils processing and merchandising, specialty fats, oleochemicals, and biodiesel manufacturing, and grains processing and merchandising. It has over 1,000 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group is backed by a multinational workforce of about 100,000 people.
Wilmar Innovation Center is the first research laboratory of Wilmar International Limited in Singapore that focuses on developing innovative technology for the food industry. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Assistant Research Officer. The position offers a challenging environment with opportunities for growth in technical experience and personal development.
The candidate will join the Analytical Team which collaborates with Wilmar and WIL@NUS research teams to run chemical analyses. We are looking for a proactive candidate that is technology driven and keen to work in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Conduct routine sample analysis utilizing analytical equipments, i.e. GC-MS, LC-MS, HPLC, spectrometers, etc.
- Conduct literature review and data interpretation for report generation and/or slides generation to communicate results of assigned tasks to project team and R&D management
- Assist researchers in developing analytical methods for simple and moderately complex analyses, and work with project team to execute experiments to meet R&D project deliverables
- Troubleshoot analytical equipment when required
- Maintain high laboratory housekeeping and analytical standards and practices
- Undergraduate degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related subject.
- Strong background in analytical techniques and technical skills in operating GC-MS/LC-MS/HPLC/Spectroscopy instruments preferred.
- Good command of written and spoken English, good oral communication skills, ability to interact with industrial collaborators.
- Ability to collaborate, work in an interdisciplinary and collaborative team
Closing on 18 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company