Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Manual Ethical Hacking Specialist, Global Information Security
MERRILL LYNCH GLOBAL SERVICES PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$8500 - S$17000
- Experience in conducting vulnerability assessments, code reviews and penetration tests against web/mobile application technologies, services, platforms and languages to find flaws and exploits (e.g. SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, Remote Code Execution, Authentication/Authorization, Privilege Escalation, Business Logic Bypass, etc.)
- Experience in conducting Threat Modeling
- Knowledge of network and Web related protocols/technologies
- Experience with web application vulnerability scanning tools (e.g. IBM AppScan, NetSparker, Burp Suite Pro etc.)
- Experience with vulnerability assessment tools and penetration testing techniques (e.g. web application proxies, packet capture analysis software, browser extensions, advanced penetration testing Linux distributions, static source code analyzers, SoapUI etc.)
- Experience of penetration testing on mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows and RIM.
- Mobile programming abilities such as Xcode, Objective-C
- Knowledge of a Structured Query Language
- Expert-level experience and very detailed technical knowledge in at least 3 of the following areas: general information security; security engineering; application architecture; authentication and security protocols; application session management; applied cryptography; common communication protocols; mobile frameworks, single sign-on technologies; exploit automation platforms; RESTful web services
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, in a very large scale, enterprise setting
- Previous experience as an application security professional with a large Financial Institution is a plus
- Intellectually Curious
- Consistently thinks like a threat actor
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply critical thinking to a variety of situations
- Ability to clearly communicate (written & verbal) business risk associated with a given vulnerability
- Adaptable & Flexible approach to work
- Ability to demonstrate manual web application testing experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or relevant work experience in a large scale IT environment)
- Additionally penetration testing specific qualifications would preferably include one or more from the following list:
- CREST Registered Penetration Testers (CRT)
- CREST Certified Web Application Tester
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
- Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
- Offensive Security Exploitation Expert (OSEE)
- Offensive Security Web Expert (OSWE)
- SANS GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN)
- SANS GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester (GXPN)
- SANS GIAC Web Application Penetration Tester (GWAPT)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
What you can expect
The Cyber Security Assurance (CSA) department is responsible for providing an uncompromised technology and application environment for employees, customers, clients, and shareholders through continuous comprehensive cyber security testing. CSA consists of multiple assessment teams that focuses on different technology, platform, and stakeholders.
As a Manual Ethical Hacking Specialist, you will join a dynamic team of world class security experts to conduct application security/penetration tests of our internal/external web, mobile and web service applications, leveraging both manual techniques as well as automated tools in order to uncover and report security vulnerabilities that exist.
You will be knowledgeable with business risks associated with common security vulnerabilities and be able to effectively communicate security vulnerabilities to application developers and/or senior managers who may have little to no experience with application security vulnerability specifics.
What you will do
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the requirements of the applications and how to use them
- Testing applications using a variety of tools to identify vulnerabilities that could expose the Bank to risk
- Monitoring existing and proposed security standard setting groups
- Conducting meetings to communicate the findings and implications to stakeholders
- Performing vulnerability fix verification testing in support of the remediation
- Providing technical support to clients, management and staff throughout risk assessments and the implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products
- Acting as a SME, providing guidance and knowledge to reduce the vulnerabilities and risk when apps are being created
- Sharing knowledge with technical and non-technical colleagues directly and through training sessions
- Ensuring identified risks are managed effectively
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of the control function
About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Closing on 02 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company