Assistant Vice President, AML KYC/ CDD Advisory
MUFG BANK, LTD. SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$4450 - S$8910
Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with over 360 years of history, MUFG has a global network with around 3,000 locations in more than 50 markets. The Group has over 180,000 employees and offers services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
The Group aims to "be the world's most trusted financial group" through close collaboration among our operating companies and flexibly respond to all of the financial needs of our customers, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world. MUFG's shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York stock exchanges.
MUFG Bank, Ltd. is Japan's premier bank, with a global network spanning more than 50 markets. Outside of Japan, the bank offers an extensive scope of commercial and investment banking products and services to businesses, governments and individuals worldwide. For more information, visit https://www.mufg.jp/english.
Job Scope / Description
- Being the regional role within the Asia AML KYC/CDD Advisory Team, you are required to liaise/co-ordinate with the Country Financial Crimes Team on regular basis and support resolution of competing requirements between regulators and Internal FCC Policies and Procedures.
- Reviewing KYC/ Client Onboarding escalations and provide advice to First line of Business and/or Operations Unit to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements in Asia and internal FCC policies and procedures.
- Conducting Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) on prospective and existing high-risk clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory, sanctions or reputational risk, primarily utilizing publicly available data sources, vendor reports and/or reviewing client documentation.
- Updating, drafting and implementing applicable Internal FCC policies and procedures.
- Provide business analysis, design expertise, system testing and deployment of key initiatives to deliver on KYC & Client Due Diligence (CDD) change initiatives by reviewing business requirement documents (BRDs) or other functional requirements and act as SME for the project, coordinating end to end delivery, stakeholder management and writing procedures.
- Support the embedment of the risk framework for all financial crime risks (AML, ABC, Sanctions) within client processes including the KYC/ CDD procedures.
- Required to assess and analyse the current state of customer screening requirements (PEPs, Adverse Media, Local Lists etc.) across the region and designing future state roadmaps so to bring consistency.
- Interact within wider FCC and other Business Units for the implementation of policies and procedures; execute oversight function to monitor; and provide training to employees on FCC related topics.
- Work with direct manager and Leadership Team to maintain proactive management of client escalations, issues and other items that require special handling related to KYC record completions.
- Sound knowledge of Industry KYC/CDD/Compliance/Anti Money Laundering rules. Industry related certification (e.g. CAMS or ICA Diploma) will be an added advantage.
- Preferably 3 years of KYC and CDD experience in wholesale financial services is required including an understanding of wholesale & transaction banking businesses/products, infrastructure, applications.
- Being aware of regulatory changes and current events, both local and cross border, that may have an impact on existing and potential client relationships.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including front office individuals, skilled at diplomatically breaking down barriers and obstacles.
- Detailed oriented, analytical, inquisitive and apply sound judgements.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and experience in external database searches, such as World Check, Factiva, and Lexis/Nexis.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Job ID: 1182330/1182480
Recruiter Name: Natalie Tan
EA License No: 12C5536
EA Registration No: R1106672
Closing on 12 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company