Assistant Vice President, Corporate Communications
THE GREAT EASTERN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
S$7000 - S$10000
As a senior manager and competent individual contributor for the Group Corporate Communications team – the candidate needs to be multi-skilled to be an effective communicator across with experience to be able to co-lead & independent manage with little supervision, key deliverables within the disciplines of External Communications and Internal Communications. Other related areas include Social Responsibility activities, and Corporate Annual Report.
The External Communications component comprises:
PR Planning / Media management
- Lead or help define, develop and oversee end-to-end execution of PR strategies and editorial/media influencer programmes including messaging, pitching, briefing, facilitation and management of engagements to support company brand reputation, and supporting internal stakeholder training necessary
- Independently work with necessary internal stakeholders & Business Units to mine thought leadership, news opportunities PR narratives to build profile of company in key areas/themes
- Provide sound counsel to internal business stakeholders and cross-functionally with Marketing & other departments for integrated outcomes, supporting SEA markets when required
- Conceptualise, develop & write a strong pipeline compelling content proactively for amplification to raise awareness/understanding of topics in a timely fashion
- Personally develop, own and strengthen relationships for the company with key news and business media as relevant influencers in FSI vertical & consumer lifestyle press, relevant blogs & new media
- Be fully able to manage/partner with PR agency and other vendors to ensure positive outcomes aligned to communications objectives
- Develop a good understanding of the business, if not strong aptitude and learning attitude, as well as processes, and be able to navigate complexity for the function
- Regional communications management experience is a bonus
- Understanding of marketing & social media channels
- Provide comms support in operational issues management, for crisis communications preparedness, covering areas which include social media/online, working with necessary stakeholders to mitigate negative or sensitive reputational issues externally & internally
- Able to recommend & craft appropriate positions and communications for this purpose and work with urgency
- Formulating internal communications strategies/messaging and drive execution of key deliverables such as newsletters, speeches for senior management across channels, editorial for in-house newsletters and employee/agency communications
- Understand the nuances of organizational culture, for effective change communications counsel and execution where required.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Understanding basic CSR principles, to effectively work with potential partners and plan organization engagement strategy, with relevant causes.
- Leverage media publicity opportunities to build positive reputational positioning for the company aligned with company mission
- Organize and execute events aimed at promoting our CSR objectives to inspire employee volunteerism, and internal communications to drive engagement/support.
- Effectively work with external vendors/partners to deliver activities with social impact
Corporate Collaterals / Events
- Project management oversight to lead projects for Brand Collateral & Annual Report production, and Events where required
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices
- Degree holder, preferably a degree in mass communications.
- Strong individual & independent contributor with 10-12 years of relevant external/internal communications experience in both multinationals/large local listed companies.
- Core communications & excellent writing skills is a must to complement understanding of integrated communications /marketing universe. Proven experience in media management/relations with strong active contacts across local/regional news, business/FSI/online media, open attitude towards new media, strong expertise in social media issues management. Experience in CSR programme planning, Annual Report writing, Project management.
- Core communications skills in executive communications, PR & integrated communications planning, organised/cognizant of processes, yet possessing creative communications with strong versatile writing skills, with the flair for making the complex simple, for both corporate/online audiences. Ability to visualise storytelling in multimedia is a plus.
- Solid experience in media management/relations, with strong contacts in local media, a self-starter able to pitch stories effectively, with strong news-sense, ability to nuance corporate positioning /story angles.
- Familiar with managing issues and crisis communications calmly and rationally, yet able to partner well with GCC team & its PR agency to deliver positive outcomes.
- Understanding of corporate responsibility programmes, working with communities, planning and partnerships.
- A self-motivated, independent, unflappable, mature communications practitioner, able to pick up on industry developments quickly, able to multi-task effectively with a strong sense of urgency and bias for action, the gravitas to manage senior stakeholder management, cross-functional collaborations and provide effective communications counsel to multiple internal stakeholder groups, with good sense of judgement to navigate a large organisation, and to influence others where necessary.
- Ability to think outside the box, see the ‘big picture’, have ideas, spot opportunities and connect quickly, and scale support where needed.
- Forward-thinking, Can-do attitude, Solutions-focused, with a passion for excellence.
- B2B/B2C experience, preferably from the FSI industry but not crucial, with some regional experience working with SEAsian markets.
- In-house/PR agency experience useful, as with some familiarity with the workings of a wider Marketing function
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Closing on 30 May 2021orview more job listings from this company