Assistant Vice President, Team Lead, Corporate Actions, Custody & Investment Operations Centre
UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LIMITED
Banking and Finance
S$5000 - S$9000
Reporting to the Section Head for Custody and Investment Operations Centre, this person will have the responsibility to provide daily operational support and be involved in new product implementations and process automation initiatives. He/she is expected to:
- Manage corporate action related activities such as :
- Extraction/processing of Corporate Action (CA) announcements, meetings and market news for dissemination to designated business units/customers.
- Processing of Proxy Voting instructions from customers and list of beneficial owners as required under Section 137F & 137X, Securities & Futures Act (Chapter 289) for relevant share companies.
- Handle processing on Mandatory and Voluntary Corporate Action Events
- Processing of scripless conversion requests from customers or business units.
- Handle share registration
- Handle regulatory reporting to Department of Statistics
- Handle business unit/customers' enquiries on CA events announced and processed
- Ensure that all CA activites are carried out expeditiously and within the regulatory guidelines required.
- Work with the Section Head/Head of custody in the review of new product proposals from Business Units, including evaluating of system gaps, operations related documentation (including training materials), coordinating from system testing till implementation with respective stakeholders.
- Provide cross team operational coverage, adhere to processing KPIs, Service Levels and compliant with internal controls and various legislation, regulations and bank policies.
- In-depth understanding of product parameters, policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements on domestic and global market operations.
- Undertake process and system enhancements to achieve optimum productivity and process efficiency.
- Good knowledge of custody operations workflows.
- Carry out management reporting and any other assignments as given by Section Head and Department Management.
- At least 6-8 years in a banking operations environment, preferably in securities operations.
- Experience in driving initiatives and change implementation
- Equipped with knowledge/materials to ensure competency in job
- Good knowledge of MAS and SGX regulatory requirements.
- Good communication and written skills.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of corporate actions for local and foreign markets
- Hardworking and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to grasp issues and provide solutions
- Confidence in handling customers.
- Team player
Closing on 04 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company