Associate, Specialist, Service Delivery Engineer Systems Admin/Engineering, Technology & Operations (WD20895)
DBS BANK LTD.
Banking and Finance
S$3750 - S$6800
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
Many critical IT services of the Bank are housed in UNIX (AIX, Solaris and Linux) servers. There is a need to ensure the Bank’s AIX servers are configured and operate optimally and securely to deliver relevant, efficient and reliable services. This role will provide technical support services on AIX platform covering hardware, AIX operating system and its system services. This role will also back up the primary Linux SME. The role will manage and govern various parties involved in providing UNIX services and provide technical expertise oversight in this area.
The role is for an experienced and proven senior UNIX support engineer to implement and support UNIX and its related system services/software in accordance to the business requirement and in compliance with engineering standards and processes. Knowledge in Middleware components like JBOSS and MQ would be preferred.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and work with Engineering team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for UINX and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Good in writing scripts using perl,ksh and phyton.
- Understanding of various development, testing and deployment tools - GIT/GITHUB, MAVEN, JENKINS, DOCKER, KUBERNETES, ANSIBLE, PUPPET, CHEF, NAGIOS
- Knowledge of developing CI/CD pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Lead and control the delivery of outsourcer technical team of system administrators.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for all OS software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery
- Conduct asset management
- Design and control access plans and matrix for infrastructure services and support personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Conduct capacity planning and performance management.
- Minimum 5 years system support experience on AIX,Linux and Solaris platform.
- Regional experience is preferred.
Function / Technical Competencies
- Possess good technical knowledge of AIX and Solaris hardware, operating system and system services (volume manager, file system, NTP, DNS, clustering, SSH, TSM, ITM etc).
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning of UNIX
- Experience in implementing and operating UNIX server clustering
- Information security knowledge.
- Data communication and network knowledge.
- Experience in middleware and application execution in the UNIX environment is an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
Closing on 01 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company