Associate Patent Counsel
WILMAR INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Sciences / Laboratory / R&D
S$4000 - S$7000
- Wilmar Research and Development team started operations 6 years ago, with a focus in biotechnology and food science. The research projects are currently carried out in Wilmar@NUS.
- An associate patent counsel in the Wilmar@NUS is expected to provide patent support to the research projects within Wilmar@NUS, and counsel patent enquiries from business units in Singapore and other Southeast Asian countries. The associate patent counsel shall assist the patent counsel for all patent related activities, with coordination from the legal department.
- Follow research projects and conduct patent mining;
- Conduct patentability assessment and propose filing strategies;
- Review patent drafts and file them at selected Patent Offices;
- Liaise with overseas colleagues on patent drafting, prosecution and renewal matters;
- Liaise with external patent attorneys on patent drafting, prosecution and renewal matters;
- Liaise with external patent depository providers;
- Initiate patent report, when a plant is to be adapted or a new product is to be brought into any new market;
- Assist patent counsel in managing an expanding patent portfolio for various business units;
- Assist patent counsel in preparing opinions on IP clauses in contract review;
- Advising on copyright/data protection with coordination from legal department.
- Degree or M. Sc in biology, biotechnology, chemistry, chemical engineering, etc., Ph.D in such field is a plus;
- Min. 3 years in patent practice or in-house patent experience. Patent bar in Singapore is a plus;
- Extensive knowledge of technical and IP subjects;
- Working proficiency in languages other than English is a plus, particularly contextual translation proficiency.
Closing on 24 Feb 2021orview more job listings from this company