STANDARD CHARTERED BANK (SINGAPORE) LIMITED
Accounting / Auditing / Taxation, Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$8000 - S$12000
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This is a role in the Singapore Country Team which provides independent assessments of risk management and internal control environment of Standard Chartered Bank Singapore Limited (SCBSL) for senior management at country, region/global level and the Board of SCBSL.
• To provide an independent assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and compliance of the Businesses and Functions in the country with laws, regulations and internal policies
• To ensure audit activities in the country are executed as required by local regulatory requirements and provide country management with assurance that local regulatory requirements as well as the expectations of the local regulator are fully met.
• To contribute towards country risk assessments to enable the Country Head of Audit (CHOA) to provide input to the Functional audit teams to determine their audit plans.
• To contribute towards an anticipatory approach to risk assessment to Group Internal Audit (GIA) by highlighting issues through good stakeholder communication in order to improve audit planning
• Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogues.
• To perform audit work as a team member / leader in accordance to Group Internal Audit’s Charter, methodology, procedures and timelines.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Effectiveness of and proactive contribution towards country risk assessments and audit planning.
• Timely execution of Country Audit Plans through managing, leading or participating in audit work.
• Consistently deliver high quality audit reports in a timely manner with audit issues focussed on key risks, root causes, materiality and succinct messages.
• Timely escalation of audit issues and past due audit issues.
• Exhibit effective leadership and engagement with Business, Function Heads and team members
• Effective engagement and good relationship with local regulators.
Our Ideal Candidate
• 6 years of relevant audit experience.
• 6 years relevant working experience as professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to gain the respect from their teams, peers, senior management, and business stakeholders
• Confident and courageous to raise concerns and issues in a proactive and professional manner
• Self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision, escalating issues in and appropriate and timely manner
• Accounting / Audit qualification is strongly preferred (including e.g. IIA, ACA, ACCA, CPA, CISA).
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.
Closing on 15 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company