FIRST ABU DHABI BANK P.J.S.C. SINGAPORE BRANCH
Banking and Finance
S$6200 - S$10200
Support sustainable growth of the North East Asia markets with a primary focus on the South Korea portfolio by timely submission of New Client Credit Applications, Interim Reviews and Annual Reviews.
NEA portfolio is composed of over AED 35 / USD 10 billion consisting of complex multiproduct / multi-jurisdictional clients with significant cross-network revenue potential. The portfolio is expected to grow rapidly given the APAC strategy. The incumbent needs to be comfortable partnering with senior business counterparts in originating and monitoring large complex cross-border transactions and providing support to the SVP, Credit Restructuring in managing a diverse and complex portfolio. Specific credit and market experience is a key requirement.
Risk management and control
· Understand the overall risk profile and ensure that the risks are managed properly
· Create a first line of defence environment on the South Korea counterparties with an environment of transparency, integrity, a platform of clear communication, escalation and trust
· Ensure risk limit is in line with FAB risk appetite and compliance with Group ORM policy framework
· Identify all material risks, including the risks associated with new or complex products and high risk activities
· Evaluate regularly the risks, and maintain continued awareness of the business and risk profiles and changes in the operating environment and financial markets that may give rise to emerging risks
· Set up effective controls to ensure the integrity of business overall risk management process
· Any excesses or exceptions risk limit should be reported promptly to the senior management and risk committee for necessary action
· Ensure completion and rectification of internal and external audit comments within target dates
· Build a risk-based culture with discipline and accountability
Governance and management activities
· Responsible for any relevant regulatory duties and in compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements
Ensure completion of HR process for people-related activities, leave planning and learning and development in according to HR policy and guideline
· Proactively drive discussion with Product, Coverage Team, other internal stakeholders and clients with the aim to thoroughly understand rationale and justifications for all credit requests.
· Ability to rope in and address relevant issues from diverse product and industry perspectives and articulate to SVP, Credit Restructuring and other credit and business seniors.
· Responsible for structuring the lending transactions in a stringent manner.
· Analyse both quantitative and qualitative factors and ensure annual reviews and credit packages are on schedule and as per the bank’s policies.
· Spread and analyse financial statements in order to evaluate credit quality and portfolio risk.
· Recommend appropriate risk rating for the reviewed clients and record analysis and conclusions.
· Monitor on-going credit developments and compliance to credit conditions and loan agreement
· Prepare financial and cash flow forecast based on sound and justified assumptions.
· Manage the submission process.
· Lead the quarterly portfolio analysis and drive action steps to improve the overall North East Asia, portfolio quality, with a focus on South Korea exposures.
· Localise the Group Credit Policy and ensure the local country addendum covers all A’s requirements.
· Proactively identify and work with SVP, Credit Restructuring to propose remedial strategies for problem credits.
· Meet clients at mid and senior levels to discuss specific transactions and seek general credit updates.
· Coordinate across the region and assist SVP, Credit Restructuring on special projects.
· Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned by Manager.
Minimum Qualification & Experience
· Preferably with strong knowledge on the South Korea market and efficient in Korean language.
· Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience preferably in first class international or major regional banks with a combination of credit analysis, preparation of credit application, risk/team/portfolio management, credit policy or frontline origination.
· Good knowledge of DCM, trade finance, loan products and Global Markets hedging solutions.
· Demonstrated ability to understand, identify key risks/ mitigants at transactional, product & industry sector level
· Proven financial analytical skills and able to identify and evaluate credit risks in multiproduct/ multi-jurisdictional transactions.
· Commercial aptitude, good at spreadsheet, financial modelling and cash flow projections.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation & ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage.
· Demonstrated multi discipline influencing, deal approval and execution skills across product and credit approval chains – a listing of deals / sector experience will be preferred.
· Ability to manage one’s own time effectively and to work under pressure and independently.
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage regulatory requirements.
· Capable to organize workload and meet deadlines.
Closing on 17 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company