AVP/VP, Sustainable Finance, Global Corporate Banking
OVERSEA-CHINESE BANKING CORPORATION LIMITED
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$18000
OCBC Bank is the longest established Singapore bank and is consistently ranked among the World’s Top 50 Safest Banks by Global Finance and has been named Best Managed Bank in Singapore by The Asian Banker.
OCBC Bank’s key markets are Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia and Greater China. It has more than 500 branches and representative offices in 19 countries and regions. These include over 250 branches and offices in Indonesia under subsidiary Bank OCBC NISP, and over 80 branches and offices in Mainland China, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR
OCBC Bank has set up the Sustainable Finance Group to drive client strategy and sustainable finance business development efforts in all markets. In 2019, OCBC Bank was ranked as No. 1 Mandated Lead Arranger for green financing league tables in the region. In June 2020, OCBC Bank has set an ambitious new target of S$25 billion by 2025 for its sustainable finance portfolio. For more details please refer to OCBC Bank Sustainable Finance page.
As a part of the Sustainable Finance Group that operates as a Global Centre of Excellence, the person will drive sustainable finance business development efforts targeting our corporate clients in Singapore and in other markets. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Business development: Drive and implement business development strategies in sustainable finance
- Sustainable finance transactions: Collaborate with relationship managers and product partners in designing credible sustainable finance transactions, from origination to execution of sustainable finance transactions.
- Governance and monitoring: Develop and coordinate internal governance and monitoring system to ensure the quality of the Bank’s sustainable finance transactions.
- Capacity building: Stay updated on sustainable finance market and standard developments, and share those knowledge and insights with our clients and internal stakeholders (e.g. senior management, relationship managers, product teams).
- Connect: Connect with local and/or regional sustainable finance communities (e.g. working groups, regulators) to explore business and branding opportunities.
The person will report to the Head of Sustainable Finance in Singapore.
- 10 years of experiences either in corporate banking and/or sustainability, ideally with direct experiences in sustainable finance transactions.
- Solid knowledge in sustainable finance market development and opportunities
- Must be able to work independently, be driven, self-motivated and strong in interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player and a communicator.
- Fluent in English; knowledge in Mandarin Chinese or any other Asian language is a plus.
Closing on 08 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company