TULLETT PREBON ENERGY (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$4000 - S$7000
Corporate Culture and Guiding Principles:
Tullett Prebon, part of TP ICAP group, operates at the heart of the world’s financial, energy and commodities markets.
We are professional intermediaries playing a pivotal role in the world’s financial markets, covering FX, Rates, Credit, Equities, Energy & Commodities.
Globally, we are a leading provider of services to market participants, with execution via a range of regulated venues, covering a full spectrum of over-the-counter (OTC) asset classes. Matching buyers and sellers, we facilitate the development of liquidity and price discovery in these markets and provide insight and context to our clients. We operate a hybrid model where brokers provide business-critical intelligence to clients. It’s supplemented by proprietary screens for historical data, analytics and execution functionality.
Our clients include banks, insurance companies, pension and hedge funds, asset managers, energy producers and refiners, as well as risk and compliance managers and charities.
We are known in the market for our Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to our clients. Above all else, we Respect our clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of our cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
· Promote Tullett Prebon as a company
· Maintain and develop existing client relationships and make contact with prospective new clients where appropriate
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of the products and markets in which you work; actively solicit feedback from industry participants through various means, including trade calls, surveys, industry events, trade shows and conferences
· Understand the desk’s business strategy and seek to identify new business opportunities relating to trends, future markets, products and clients
· On-board new clients following the correct process with the Client On-Boarding team
· Assess client needs and financial conditions to identify internal cross selling opportunities
· Understand pertinent regulation within the evolving regulatory landscape
· Support a risk and compliance aware culture and comply with group policies
· Exercise independent judgement and act with integrity, care, skill and diligence to avoid conflicts of interest and escalate issues as appropriate
Risk Related Responsibilities:
* Ensure that you understand the risks and controls on your desk; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
· Ensure that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility
· Report any breaches of policy to Compliance and/or your supervisor as described in the policy
· Escalate risk events immediately and log them within 24 hours using the risk event capture form on the intranet
· Provide input if requested to the Risk and Control Self-Assessment process, scenario analysis ‘Deep Dive’ reviews and any other risk management processes as required.
· Report all loss events, or near misses that could have resulted in a loss, in excess of the reporting threshold
· Observe proper standards of market conduct and ensure you are aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory, exchange or clearing house requirements applicable to your role
· Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines
Ensure that you adhere to the terms of any applicable Desk Manual
· Personable and engaging
· Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
· Build relationships and networks with both internally and externally wherever possible
· Demonstrates strong customer focus
· Demonstrates ability to work effectively with others
· Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
· Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
· Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights
· Seeks opportunities for improvements
· Handles situations and problems with innovation and creativity
Dynamic & Competitive
· Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
· Goes that “extra mile”
· Is a self-starter
· Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
· Enjoys a challenge and is able to escalate
· Does not give up easily
Open & Communicative
· Adapts communication style to suit audience
· Projects personal credibility
· Interacts confidently without being overbearing
· Ability to work effectively in a high pressure environment
· Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
· Handles criticism constructively
· Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
· Promotes loyalty to TP ICAP and its principles
· Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
· Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
· Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
Knowledge & Understanding
· Understands ideas and has a viewpoint on the markets and economy
· Willingness to engage with internal and external stakeholders outside of the immediate desk environment
Prior experience in financial markets (broking, client facing or banking sales based roles) of at least 1 year or more.
· Korean language proficiency required to manage clientele
· Strong work ethic and ability to work in a team
· Ability to work under pressure
· Naphtha experience an advantage but not necessary
Closing on 13 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company