Business Researcher, Analyst
J.P. MORGAN (S.E.A.) LIMITED
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$3500 - S$6500
The J.P. Morgan Business Research Center (BRC) is a global network of information professionals responsible for obtaining company, industry and economic research and providing it in a synthesized format to J.P. Morgan investment bankers and executives worldwide.
The BRC gathers this information from electronic database resources, public filings and records, media outlets and financial industry sources to provide timely and cost-effective intelligence to the J.P. Morgan community.
Qualification & Skillset
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience in database/market research desired
- Research experience in financial institution is preferred
- Knowledgeable in Factset, ThomsonOne, CapIQ, Factiva, IHS, MergerMarket, Bloomberg, Dealogic and other market data providers is a plus
- Complex level research skills and a good understanding of Investment Banking industry, own sector terminology, sources, availability of information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, prioritizing multiple project
- Excellent communication skills to conduct reference interviews / discuss requirements with bankers
- Within the internal team: To be a team player, with good verbal and written communication skills
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform secondary research on inquiries from bankers on financial matters, industry sectors, individuals, company performance, transactions, markets, and demographics by using a range of market data tools to acquire information and interpret data to ensure it meets banker requirements
- Process time-sensitive research requests effectively and efficiently, selecting and utilizing the most relevant internal and external information sources
- Clearly communicate findings to CIB clients while providing high-quality, professional client service
- Embrace and build team relationships both locally and globally
- The role holder may be required to operate flexible working hours to cover early starts and/or late finishes as demanded by the business
(2) People Development
- Researcher should be able to assist with training and work with junior bankers on basic research
- Researcher will be a good role model for junior researchers and expand capacity to mentor and coach
- The Researcher will be trained to handle basic to complex requests
- The Researcher will also be trained to handle basic Topical and Quantitative requests
- Works on basic research but devotes more time on intermediate to complex requests, developing both market research and quantitative skills with the ability to find granular information
- Opportunity to part take in projects to drive efficiency improvement and automation
- Opportunity to specialize in different domains of research such as TMT, FIG, Healthcare, etc.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
Closing on 22 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company