Chef De Parties
XU LAM INVESTMENT AND TRADING PTE. LTD.
S$2600 - S$3200
Position: Chef De parties
- Takes care of daily food preparation and duties assigned by the superiors to meet the standard and the quality set by the Restaurant.
- Follows the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
- Responsible to supervise junior chefs or commis.
- Able to estimate the daily production needs and checking the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Ensure that the production, preparation, and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensure the highest levels of guest satisfaction, quality, operating, and food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage, and sanitation.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production, and presentation standards.
- Follows good preservation standards for the proper handling of all food products at the right temperature.
- Operate and maintain all department equipment and report of malfunctioning.
- Ensure effective communication between staff by maintaining a secure and friendly working environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety, and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce their own work in accordance with a deadline and to assist and encourage others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Consults daily with Sous Chef and Executive chef on the daily requirements, functions, and also about any last-minute events.
- Guides and trains the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and an economical working environment.
- Should be able to set an example to others for personal hygiene and cleanliness on and off duty.
- Daily feedback collection and reporting of issues as they arise.
- Assess quality control and adhere to restaurant service standards.
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- A high standard of spoken and written English.
- Flexible working hours subject to the demands of the business.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Excellent culinary catering talent.
Hotel Management Graduate or Culinary Degree with a minimum of 3 years certification.
At least 3 year's experience cooking in a well-established restaurant or full-service hotel and/or minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
Closing on 22 May 2021orview more job listings from this company