Chief Operating Officer
PROPINE TECHNOLOGIES PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$15000
Work should be challenging.
Your work should challenge the status quo.
You should be defining the future, not being dependent on it.
You don’t like it safe, and prefer to swim in the deep end, while figuring things out.
You want to be an avant-garde.
If this resonates with you, then you’ll fit right in here at Propine.
Propine is re-inventing capital markets using blockchain technology. We’ve worked with Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), to become the first licensed custodian for digital assets in the world.
This role requires you to have a ‘do-whatever-it-takes’ mindset and learn to operate just outside the limit of your comfort zone. If this excites you, but also makes you a bit nervous, then you might be the right fit.
Position Title: Chief Operating Officer
Probation: Probation for first six months.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a senior executive accountable for overseeing the day to day departmental and operational functions of the business. The COO has overall responsibility to ensure the company’s execution of its business plan, primarily managing the company’s internal affairs while the CEO functions as the public (external) face of the company.
- Oversee/Manage internal functions. Core functional responsibilities will include for product delivery; HR (staff management and development); operations, including client onboarding and servicing; internal governance/risk management oversight (including as point person for internal/external audits); and, on an interim basis, finance (including company banking & payroll)
- Contribute to the production and execution of the company’s strategic plan and associated procedures, including ensuring the establishment of comprehensive policies and procedures that help promote and protect the company’s core culture and vision.
- Create and manage business performance metrics/reports for management intelligence and review
- Establish, review and improve (on an ongoing basis) all internal processes to drive efficiency, remove risk and effectively manage costs
- Ensure the timely resolution of potential issues, complaints and feedback inclusive of investigation and determination of lessons/responses to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure the effective selection, monitoring and management of all relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Be the face of applications for new and/or amended regulatory authorizations to ensure that the company has well documented operational processes designed to support its regulated activities;
- Co-ordinate and oversee responses to the results of regulatory examinations and inspections in conjunction with the CEO, the Operations Manager and the Compliance Manager.
- Ensure the appropriate disclosure/notification to the relevant regulator of any reportable items and events;
- Work with operations teams and client facing staff to ensure best-in-class client satisfaction levels and experience.
- Deputise for the CEO when required.
- Manage client on‐boarding, account opening, maintenance, closure and assets transition activities.
- Minimum 10-15 years' of relevant, leadership experience at a senior level, ideally with a minimum of 3 years direct experience in a COO role within the FinTech/Financial Services space.
- In-depth knowledge and experience within different business functions, such as Operations, Client Service & Onboarding, Technology, Risk Management, Product development and Finance
- A proven track record of leading and developing teams in a growing, start-up business
- A strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- A sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving – Always willing to have the difficult conversations when required
- Strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Able to thrive and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment, while retaining the long-term focus. Comfortable managing in an ambiguous/uncertain environment when required
- MA in Business Administration or similar relevant field
What can you expect from us?
· We offer an exciting opportunity to work in a cutting-edge field of Fintech in a company known for breaking new grounds.
· Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
· You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team
· You will get to have involvement in developing a brand-new products from scratch alongside a talented team
Closing on 09 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company