CIB Rates Trading Automated Trading Strategist Associate
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance, Information Technology
Permanent, Full Time
S$10000 - S$20000
The trading strategist will work as part of the Automated Trading Strategies (ATS) front-office team on the Rates floor in Singapore with primary focus on the Rates markets. The individual must be responsible, independent and able to work in smooth coordination with the larger team. The group is globally distributed so some travelling to may require for this role. The environment is fast-paced and challenging.
ATS is accountable to trading revenue. Members of the team are also expected to cover a wide range of responsibilities as ATS staff cross over between trading, quantitative analysis and technology. These include designing trading and execution strategies; researching micro-patterns and trends; building, maintaining and upgrading applications & tools; supporting day-to-day trading. Some on call time will be expected.
- Analysis of client and trade data to identify revenue opportunities
- Formulation, analysis and back testing of pricing, execution, risk management strategies and signals
- Performing ad hoc data mining tasks and requests as needed
- Building tools for automation and for the benefit of our own group and others, resolving day to day issues
- Work in close collaboration with IB technology to drive the automated trading technology agenda and in many cases work jointly on implementation
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a relevant role
- Linux knowledge
- Interest in market microstructures and quantitative trading in Rates
- Excellent quantitative, modelling and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, adaptable and hungry to learn
- Ability to understand and map data flows across applications and data sources
- Design and programming skills, with primary focus on Java/C++ and Python
- Interest in applying agile development practices in a front-office trading environment
- Rates markets experience and general trading concepts and terminology
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data including e-commerce, historical and financial data
- Experience of working with ECNs
- Knowledge of, database technologies
- Direct experience of agile software methodologies
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.
Closing on 15 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company