CIB – Currencies and Emerging Markets (CEM) – Trader – Associate
J.P. MORGAN SECURITIES ASIA PRIVATE LIMITED
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$15000 - S$25000
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and will be working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. you will help senior traders cover institutional accounts and make markets in your group's particular range of products. You will assist the senior traders in managing risk, liquidity and exposure and you may support all aspects of the trading desk: pre-trade analysis, inbound and outbound trade processing and the design of optimal risk management for large trades. Tracking supply and demand, you constantly evaluate market developments in order to give clients accurate product information. You will be placed with desk which primarily deals in fixed income. Key tasks will include:
· Supporting the day to day client requests and needs
· Understanding market drivers (of those markets in which involved), market moves, and the numbers behind it all, as well as cross-asset implications
· Independently resolving P&L reconciliation on issues
· Ensuring all relevant parties (vertically and horizontally) are kept abreast of key developments
· Cultivating an appreciation of balance between revenue generation and building a client franchise
· Understanding drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degree of competence with clients around executing trades
· Understanding firm's approach and policies for managing risks in relevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and follows policies
· Assisting with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of all entries and to ensure internal controls are followed
· Proactively sharing information, knowledge and ideas that help others succeed
· 3+ years’ experience in a global markets front office role
· Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to book trades and the implications of improper trade booking on P&L
· Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of how to calculate and reconcile and which factors impact it; You should be able to resolve P&L reconciliation issues with little guidance
· Ability to discuss in detail your understanding of fundamental and technical aspects of product(s) traded and support area functions of respective products
· Demonstrable proficiency with market and product lingo. Well versed in the quantitative nature and framework of own product (e.g., pricing, models, etc).
· Ability to discuss in detail your knowledge of the direct costs of "doing business" along the transaction lifecycle;
· Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
· Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
· Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
· Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
· Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
· Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
· Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Clients turn to our industry-leading Markets, Sales and Research team to offer clients unique market insights on sectors and companies, and actionable ideas using research to make well-informed investment decisions. Teams understand products across asset classes and help clients structure solutions that manage risk, enhance yield and solve complex financial problems.
Closing on 13 May 2021orview more job listings from this company