Class Underwriter, Political Violence
TALBOT RISK SERVICES PTE. LTD.
S$7500 - S$14000
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
Get to know the business
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
Talbot Underwriting Limited is the managing agent of Syndicate 1183 at Lloyd’s. Syndicate 1183 underwrites a number of classes of business including war and terrorism, energy, marine, financial lines, cyber, transport, political risk, crisis management, kidnap & ransom, contingency, property and treaty reinsurance. Talbot has offices in London, Asia Pacific and the United States.
About the role
What you need to know:
· To underwrite risks in accordance with Talbot’s underwriting philosophy and within own authority limits.
· Class underwriter for Political Violence and supporting the CEO (Singapore) / Senior Class Underwriter/ Global Practice Leader/ Head of Division (London) in delivering strategy and business plans.
· To ensure all underwriters underwrite risks in accordance with the Company’s agreed appetite, authorities and processes.
· To assist in managing the overall Political Violence portfolio.
· To provide professional, prompt service to brokers and clients.
· To comply with the terms of personal underwriting authority.
· To assist in ensuring that the Political Violence Underwriting Guidelines are reviewed and updated at least annually.
· To ensure underwriters with Political Violence authority to underwrite in accordance with personal underwriting authority.
· To ensure that Political Violence business is conducted, processed and administered in accordance with the prevailing applicable policies, procedures and agreed service levels.
· To ensure that premium entries in Subscribe are reviewed and accurately maintained in accordance with applicable procedures.
· To act in accordance with all regulatory standards and principles at all times
· To provide information and assistance as needed to ensure that other syndicate staff can carry out their responsibilities.
What we’re looking for:
· Experience of Lloyd’s market as Underwriter or Broker is essential, 6+ years of industry relevant experience is desired
· Detailed Political Violence product knowledge with strong understanding of pricing and policy wordings
· Chartered Insurance Institute qualification or equivalent, Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
· Able to operate independently with little direction or guidance and strong team working approach
· Good verbal, written and professional presence and ability to communicate at all levels with excellent negotiation skills
· Assertive with a positive “can do” approach
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
Closing on 30 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company