Client Assets Senior Java Engineer, Associate (78196)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$15000
Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving!
We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Business, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products.
Our people have complete product ownership: requirements, code, test and deploy. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us towards our goal of continuous build and cloud deploy everywhere.
We care a hugely about our work environment, casual dress code, height adjustable desks and small teams (~5 person) per project within global teams. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out.
We love to learn and offer a superb training that features free access to Pluralsight and Safari Books
At GS we have a culture of giving, last year over 25K of our people volunteered on 1600 community projects across the world, this extends locally with support for Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE women's program.
What we do?
Client Asset Protection - Client Assets Engineering is at the core of Client Protection and Collateral Management functions for Goldman Sachs Globally. Our platform is responsible for the segregation of customer assets, implementing complex optimization calculations and controls across business functions and asset classes which are governed and monitored by regulation across various jurisdictions (US-SEC/FINRA, UK-FCA, JP-FSA). Our platforms manage client assets worth ~1Trillion in segregation and facilitate funding opportunity on client margin worth ~100Billion for the firm.
How will you fulfill your potential?
- Design and implement new securities segregation flows, crucial in following banking regulatory requirements while caring for firm’s liquidity
- Use primarily Java and SQL to develop effective data processing and calculations. You might be also expected to work with Spring, Kafka, Hazelcast technology stack to develop subset of flows
- Solve challenging technical problems. Ensure data correctness while processing of millions of rows a day
- Build relationships with end users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes
- Works as part of global team spread across Singapore, Warsaw, New York and London
- Gain gradually a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes
- Working Style: Agile/Scrum
- Strong technical skills (Java, DB2 database, scripting) with extensive experience in design & hands-on coding following SDLC standards
- Fast learner who can pick up existing applications (functionally & technically)
- Work closely with Operations users globally to handle day to day support & function
- Experience of being a support escalation point and handling more significant support issues
- Ability to work with users on prioritization
- Experience or a strong interest in investment banking or financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop for Data Lake)
- Experience with near real time transactional systems like Kafka
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow based systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 28 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company