Cloud Engineering Lead
THE GREAT EASTERN LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED
S$10000 - S$15000
Looking for Cloud Engineering Lead with strong technical background to manage on-premise Cloud Platform.
You are responsible for leading and forming a team of Platform Reliability Engineers (PRE), Site Reliability Engineers (SRE), DevOps Engineers and Security Engineers on the implementation of the Cloud Platform as well as the day 2 operations. You will be working closely with the Cloud Platform Director and Cloud Engagement Lead to define and implement technical solutions on the cloud platform to fulfil Group IT Cloud strategy.
You will be responsible for all technical aspects related to the cloud platform, including implementation and operation of IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, DevOps Pipeline and Cloud Management Platform.
You will be responsible in defining and enforcing PRE, SRE and DevOps practices for the cloud platform.
· Lead a team of engineers of different domains to implement and operation the cloud platform.
· Be the solution architect for the cloud platform, which includes IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, DevOps Pipeline and Cloud Management Platform.
· Work closely with Cloud Portfolio Director and the Cloud Engagement Lead to derive and implement a technical roadmap that is align with the IT architecture and cloud strategy.
· Operate the cloud platform and ensure the stability, reliability and resiliency.
· Plan, mobilize and manage resources within the Cloud Engineering Team optimally to execute against plan(s).
· Establish PRE, SRE and DevOps practices for the Cloud Engineering Team.
· Support and enable projects to be on boarded to the cloud platform.
· Ensure compliance to both Group IT and Corporate principles and policies.
· Drive change and adoption for continuous improvement to optimise delivery processes.
· Train, coach and mentor engineers.
· Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
· Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
· Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
· Relevant degree level qualification or equivalent.
· Minimum of 5 years of technical experience in both IT software development projects and operational IT operations system support roles.
· Minimum 10 years working experience managing an on premise cloud environment.
· Strong technical and business acumen with the ability to lead teams with multiple discipline representation.
· Experience in design various components in a cloud environment such as IaaS, CaaS, PaaS, DevOps pipeline and cloud management platform.
· Experience managing engineers related to cloud platform setup and operations.
· Understanding and hands-on experience of infrastructure management using Infrastructure-as-Code.
· Understanding of IaaS technologies. eg. vRealize Suite.
· Understanding and hands-on of container platform management, e.g. Dockers and/or Kubernetes, HELM, Openshift, Pivotal.
· Worked with Agile and waterfall delivery methodologies and understands how Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) can be automated.
· Hands on experience working in a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment with strong appreciationof change/version control process and methodologies.
· Hands on Experience with Automation tools (E.g. Selenium, SOAPUI, Bamboo, Jenkins, Ansible, Marvin, Github, Bitbucket, Nexus etc.).
· Experience working in a large-scale enterprise IT environment involving hybrid architectures with complex and heterogeneous systems integration.
· Knowledge of cloud application design principles such as 12 factor app.
· Knowledge of ITIL is an advantage.
· Understanding of platform integration/architecture in areas of microservices, containerization, serverless, and multiple cloud management.
· Understanding of integration of on-premise infrastructure with public cloud service provider.
· Experience in use of project management and collaboration tools is required (E.g. Microsoft Project, Confluence, Jira Software, Kanban Boards, etc.)
· Working knowledge of application design frameworks, UML or equivalent design artefacts is required.
· Working experience in a financial services industry and/or operating under strict regulatory constraints is an advantage.
· Problem solver with ability to see things in multiple angles, constantly challenge the norm and constantly looking for better solutions to problems.
· Strong presenter being able to articulate differentiated value to a wide range of audiences from senior management to technical teams.
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to make judgements calls in a fast changing environment with limited or ambiguous information.
· High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork.
· Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Closing on 16 Jul 2021orview more job listings from this company