Commercial Bank Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (Loan Agency & Trading Services) Associate
JPMORGAN CHASE BANK, N.A.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$5000 - S$10000
Commercial Bank- Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (Loan Agency & Trading Services)– Associate
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. JPM is comprised of four business segments, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and Asset & Wealth Management. Wholesale Lending Services (WLS) exists within Commercial Banking and provides loan servicing functions to all four JPMorgan lines of business.
APAC Wholesale Lending Services Middle Office (WLS MO) provides end to end execution on lending services and processes to multiple line of business across Commercial Banking and Corporate Investment Banking. Services provided include loan origination, loan agency, loan servicing and secondary loan trading support. Services are tailored to the needs of clients and line of business, ranging from bilateral to syndication.
A role has become available in Loan Agency Services (LAS) & Secondary Loan Trading Middle Office (SLTMO). This is a double hatted role where the employee has varied learning & growing opportunities.
Location : Singapore, One@Changi
Loan Agency Services (LAS)
- Monitoring & managing deal pipeline; liaising with Deal originators/structurers/arrangers/bankers and lawyers (internal & external) in lead-up to signing of new syndicated loan facility
- Interpreting & reviewing documentation to ensure operational feasibility and negotiating with deal originators/lawyers
- Working with internal teams on the setup requirements in the credit & booking systems
- Ensuring Conditions Precedent are satisfied in partnership with counsel and deal team
- Maintaining Ongoing client/ syndicate transactions including query management and conduit for all payment and correspondences
- Managing loan transfers between lenders, handling waiver and amendment requests, tracking and distributing financial covenants
Secondary Loan Trading Middle Office (SLTMO)
- Drafting & management of Non-Disclosure Agreements
- Managing information flow within the organization and with external buyers/sellers
- Ensuring accurate capture of trade details in the booking systems
- Preparing LMA/LSTA trade documentation such as Trade Confirmation, Transfer Certificate
- Coordinating settlement efforts with relevant parties (buyer, seller, agent & internal settlement teams)
- Monitoring Trade Settlement status & trade pipeline management
- Owning, resolving, escalating exceptions & managing KPIs
- Following best practice and procedure to ensure no control breaches
- Establishing & nurturing partnerships with key stakeholder as well as teams in several areas of the bank in different capacities
- Maintaining quality measures and standards at all times to ensure client service standards are met
- Participating and/or leading local/regional/global projects with a view to ensure increase efficiency, controls & streamline processes
Qualifications and Skillsets
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience with Loan Agency/Syndicated Loan/Secondary Loan Trading is required
- Experience within the financial services is highly preferred
- Knowledge of APLMA/LMA documentation is preferred & advantageous
- Knowledge of loan transfer documentation and loan settlements preferred
- Knowledge of Loan IQ is advantageous
- Excellent communication and relationship/partnership-building skills both with team members as well as other business partners. Ability to interact confidently with all levels of stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail with a control and cost discipline mindset, takes ownership and is accountable for area of responsibility
- Strong decision-making capabilities and the ability to identify problems and propose solutions
- Exhibits initiative to raise issues to appropriate/relevant parties when needed
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to deliver value-added support to business partners in a dependable, timely and accurate manner
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build relationships with team members and stakeholders
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges in a rapidly changing environment
- Good level of awareness in Corporate Banking and its products.
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio). Ability to use web-based technology effectively
- We’re a global company whose primary business language is English and so fluency in writena and spoken English is required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Commercial Banking is focused on helping our clients succeed and making a positive difference in our communities. We provide credit and financing, treasury and payment services, international banking and real estate services to clients including corporations, municipalities, institutions, real estate investors and owners, and nonprofit organizations.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
Closing on 23 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company