Commercial Operations Lead
CHUBB INSURANCE SINGAPORE LIMITED
S$2300 - S$4600
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you are to manage and lead a team of Underwriting Assistants (UA) to support the different Lines of businesses (LOBs) for the Property & Casualty (P & C) business. This role requires you to ensure that the team deliver timely and quality processing of all BAU transactions.
Process & workflow
· Lead the team to process all P & C transactions within required SLAs with required quality standards apply.
· Develop and enhance operation workflow, process, systems and building capability in the team to support different LOBs.
· Familiar with P & C operation processing such as new business submission & renewal workflow, risk assessment & quoting activities, booking, tax and split invoices, RI arrangements and endorsements for different LOBs.
· To liaise with internal departments for credit control, claims and risk matters
· Develop and maintain strong stakeholder management with key stakeholders both within Chubb and externally.
· Build good working relationships with local underwriting team to understand business transaction requirements and support in developing transaction processing solutions and workflows.
· Responsible for managing (objective setting and performance management), developing (coaching, career progression & training) and workload allocation and management for the UA team.
· Build good working relationships with our Philippines office, proactively monitor and support the completion of outsourced processes, ensuring agreed service standards and quality levels are met
· Act as a role model to team members and adhere to all company policies and guidelines.
· Support, coach and guide team on complex operation and finance recon issues.
· Continuous improvement to enhance operations processes and workflows to deliver best practice, efficiency, mitigate operational risk and ensure compliance with relevant requirements.
· Review and track productivity of both UA team and the team in Philippines.
· Lead the investigation of any incidents/feedbacks and prepare recommendation
· Review updated processes, workflows and SOPs regularly
· Lead and drive Business Improvement Initiatives & / or strategic projects to drive process and system improvement /efficiency.
· Ensure that there is a robust business continuity plans in place and testing of systems and processes to minimize operational risks.
· Ability to work with data in order to prepare management & business forecast reports, data analysis, derive commentary, share insights and propose action plan
· Degree with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in General Insurance industry and familiar with P & C operations processing
· At least 3 to 5 years in a supervisory role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· In-depth understanding in P & C operations (Eg: Pre-bind and post bind activities)
· Experience in driving business process improvements projects and/or re-engineering activities.
· Ability to multi-task
· Eye for detail with ability to identify and trouble shoot operational issues.
· Good stakeholder management skills with excellent communication & interpersonal skills (ability to relate at different levels)
· Strong coaching, mentoring and leadership skills to manage teams
· Effective in verbal and written communications
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-moving and challenging environment
· Possess positive work attitude, analytical and meticulous
· Good time management, organizational and excellent computer skills (with advanced excel knowledge)
Closing on 02 Jun 2021orview more job listings from this company