Commodity Derivatives Operations Manager
RIO TINTO COMMERCIAL PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance, Logistics / Supply Chain
S$11000 - S$19000
Commodity Derivatives Operations Manager
- Opportunity to work on the continued development on the overall trading activities of Rio Tinto Commercial and more specifically on the growth of the Derivatives Trading Platform.
- Reporting into the Commercial Services Function with key internal customer being the Integrated Trading Group/Derivatives Trading Desk
- Great time to join the Singapore Commercial centre and unlock the full potential of our mine to market value chains across the business.
About the role
We are looking for a Commodity Derivatives Operations Manager for our continued expansion into Commodity Derivatives Trading.
This role is a great opportunity to engage and work with multiple stakeholders and participating in developing the pathway towards increased activities in the trading space for Rio Tinto Commercial.
Governance and Management of Commodity Derivatives Trading Operations
- Act as a key link between the Derivatives Trading Desk and Treasury, Finance as well as Commodity Operations off-shore;
- Support and Co-ordinate the daily operations related to the end to end derivatives trading activities (i.e. oversight of processes such as reconciling exchange statements, cash forecasting and margin calls)
- Lead the onboarding of any new counterparties (OTC or brokers).
Enable the Use of New commodity Financial Instruments
- In collaboration with the PMO office, co-ordinate the testing and configuration of new derivative trading capabilities and related projects (that include the consideration of system set-up, financial and entity level reporting and tax) within the trading system in use, and its interface with SAP;
- Enable access to new exchanges in various jurisdiction as required by the Derivatives Trading Desk and act as the key point of contact for existing exchanges through which the Desk transacts;
- Act as the key point of contact globally for Integrated Trading with clearing banks used for the trading of commodity derivatives;
- In collaboration with the PMO office, act as the main link between the Derivatives Trading Desk and Rio Tinto Commercial support functions (i.e. Tax, Finance, Legal, Digital, Compliance).
Drives Change and Transformation
- Support the development/transformation of derivatives trading activities for Rio Tinto Commercial;
- Act as a subject matter expert for commodity derivatives operations and benchmark existing practices;
- Review the efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end commodity derivatives trading processes, and generate proposals for improvements;
- With the assistance of IS&T and the Digital team, provide an awareness of any technological solutions available in the sector and lead implementation if fit for purpose.
- Act as the derivatives operations subject matter expert for the development and/or onboarding of the new derivatives trading system for Rio Tinto Commercial.
Financial Markets Regulatory Compliance
- In cooperation with Legal/Compliance, operationalize any new financial markets regulations required in the jurisdiction which has a nexus with the trades executed by the Derivatives Trading Desk;
- Ensure contractual trading agreements with the Derivatives Trading Desk counterparties are up-to-date either from an operational standpoint or a regulatory standpoint;
- In cooperation with Legal/Compliance, ensure all regulatory request made by counterparties of the Derivatives Trading Desk are answered in an accurate and prompt manner.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- 10+ years of experience in Commodity Derivatives Trading Operations for either a Physical Trading House, a Bank or a Corporate in the Mining, Energy or Grain sector with 5+ years in a role with managerial responsibilities;
- Understanding of financial and commodity markets and of risks;
- Experience in dealing with commodity exchanges such as the LME, CME, ICE, SGX amongst others;
- Experience in managing relationships with clearing banks in the commodity derivatives space;
- Exposure to on-shore exchanges such as SHFE, DCE and/or experience in setting up a WFOE for futures trading would be a plus;
- Exposure to physical commodities and physical settlement of commodity derivatives would be a plus;
- Understanding of financial and commodity markets;
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as a capacity to work collaboratively and being part of a global and diverse team;
- Entrepreneurship: demonstrating curiosity and strong problem-solving abilities;
- Proficiency with Reuters and Bloomberg;
- Programming in VBA, Python would be a plus;
- Flexibility around work schedule;
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for a role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
Closing on 23 Sep 2021orview more job listings from this company