Corporate and Workplace Solutions, Product Finance, Associate (79871)
GOLDMAN SACHS SERVICES (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Banking and Finance
Permanent, Full Time
S$7500 - S$15000
Who We Are
The Corporate and Workplace Solutions Division (CWS) is comprised of Corporate and Workplace Solutions and the Office of Global Security. Our team focuses on commercial management, client support, advisory solutions, strategic planning, risk management, people security, real estate strategy and the enablement of collaboration and productivity tools across the firm.
Corporate and Workplace Solutions
We deliver a world-class work experience and environment, managing the firm’s corporate real estate strategy, client engagement solutions, essential commercial and risk management functions and flexible digital workstyles that drive the firm’s operating efficiency and productivity.
How We’re Organized
- Workplace Experience - Encompasses the comprehensive onsite workplace experience, how people interact with the workplace, on and off-site events and our overall location strategy. Departments include Events, Real Estate Strategy, Real Estate Development and On-Site Solutions, which is comprised of Document Management, Facilities, Ground Transportation and Hospitality.
- Spend Management - Encompasses the functions responsible for managing all aspects of the firm's spend with third parties -- advising commercial agreements, managing third party and payment risk and driving operating efficiency. Departments include Product Finance, Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Governance, Procure to Pay, Integrated Travel and Expense and Infrastructure and Transformation.
- CWS Engineering - Aligns several engineering functions focused on collaboration and productivity tools. Departments include Digital Workplace, Client and Production Engineering, Corporate Engineering , Spend, Data and Automation and Product Success and Delivery Engineering.
- Office of Global Security (OGS) - Protects the people and assets of Goldman Sachs to ensure a safe and secure environment. Assesses risk to enable the delivery of effective security, fire and life safety protocols and leads crisis management preparation, implementation and recovery processes. Includes Physical Security & Investigations, Executive Protection, Fire Safety and Crisis Management.
- Divisional Management (COO) - Aligns division-wide functions to drive strategic cohesiveness, consistency and efficiency. Departments include Business Unit Management, Communications and User Engagement, Risk and Environmental, Social & Governance.
Reporting to the Capital Management Lead in Hong Kong, we are looking for a highly motivated professional to join our regional Capital Management team providing and supporting all real estate planning activities and capital project execution for Goldman Sachs in the APAC region.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Capital Management team is a sub-function of the Product Finance team within Spend Management. Capital Management consists of Project Controls and Project Accounting. This role will focus on the Project Controls side of the team with opportunities to also get involved in some procurement activities. Project Controls oversees the ‘day to day’ management of estimating, scheduling, risk management, cost management, reporting and other related control functions for all capital projects within the Asia Pacific region.
This role will report to the Regional Lead of the Asia Pacific Capital Management and will partner with team members from Real Estate Development, Real Estate Strategy, Facilities Management, Strategic Sourcing and Project Accounting.
The role will be assigned multiple projects within the Asia Pacific and will be the lead from Project Controls on those projects. The role will partner most closely with the Real Estate Development and Stratgic Sourcing to deliver assigned projects on time and on budget. This role will also be asked to own various business processes and/or initiatives that span across Capital Management in Americas and EMEA regions.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
- Ownership of various capital projects across the Asia Pacific region from a Project Controls perspective including but not limited to estimating, scheduling and cost control support during the project execution
- Management of third party vendor staff working on behalf of Project Controls
- Assist in the development of weekly and monthly status update presentations/emails to report project progress to CSRE Senior Leadership.
- Attend project meetings and follow up on actionable items and deliverables.
- Involve in business processes and/or reports that cover the entirety of the Asia Pacific region
- Become a subject matter expert in our controls and business processes. Become a super-user of PMWeb, our Project Management Information Software
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree with major course work in construction and / or finance related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant construction cost control and estimating experience
- Broad understanding of commercial construction industry practices
- Ability to think analytically
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Teamwork and consensus building ability
- Understanding of Microsoft Office Suite applications, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities while maintaining high quality standards
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to adapt style as the situation requires
- A strong sense of commerciality with sound negotiation skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Closing on 18 Dec 2021orview more job listings from this company