Credit Advisor, Gas & Power
BP SINGAPORE PTE. LIMITED
Banking and Finance, Risk Management
Permanent, Full Time
S$11000 - S$20000
Are you a commercially Credit Manager? Or a Credit-minded commercial professional? If so we have an excellence role for you!
Bp has set out a new strategy that will shift the company from being an international oil company focused on producing resources to an integrated energy company focused on delivering solutions to customers. Want to join a company working towards a better future for our planet?!
As a Credit Advisor, Gas & Power, you will be a senior member of the global team, supporting all activity within a portfolio of Trading & Shipping’s (T&S) Gas and Power Trading (GPT) business. T&S is one of the world’s largest energy traders and a key enabler for the BP Group – GPT is at the forefront of our net-zero ambitions and a strategic growth area!
This is a commercially-enabling role that must drive business forward while maintaining clarity, control, and a risk/reward balance. Long-term structured transactions and financing facilities are in-scope, alongside physical and financial “flow” trading for Gas, Power, Low Carbon Products, Renewables and LNG.
You will have broad authority to set credit limits and terms for counterparties, working proactively to support commercial growth. As Credit Manager, you will partner closely with Front Office, Structured Trade Finance, and professionals across regions to support global growth strategies, providing a risk-management lens to decision making.
- Establish credit and tenor limits for trading counterparties
- Work with Origination and Legal to develop and negotiate key credit-related clauses
- Monitor compliance with limits and terms, raising any issues or concerns
- Champion pro-active risk management and portfolio-level exposure controls
- Advise on credit structuring for large and/or long-term sophisticated transactions and financing facilities, working alongside Front Office, Structured Trade Finance, Legal, and other functions
- Master the key drivers of credit exposure within a trading relationship, including vulnerabilities of each counterparty’s liquidity, capital structure, and competitive edge
- Understand the use of contractual terms, letters of credit, guarantees, lien structures and similar protections to unlock value and deliver positive commercial outcomes
- Develop cross-functional awareness of key credit drivers and protections, ensuring sound and open decision-making around material credit decisions
- Support recovery efforts on distressed credits
- Demonstrate an opportunistic approach, working proactively to facilitate commercial growth (with awareness of associated risks and control accountabilities)
- Develop constructive relationships that enable the open and timely flow of information and interventions
- Mentor junior team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Essential Experience & Job Requirements:
- Extensive experience in corporate credit risk management, structured trade finance, or a related function within a financial institution, commodity trader, utility, or similar
- Solid understanding of commodity trading, preferably in energy and derivative products
- Experience with the application of statistical measures of credit risk and portfolio management (PFE, Cost of Credit, etc.)
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including proficiency with variable exposures common to trading businesses
- Excellent interpersonal skills and comfort working with senior partners
- An innovative approach that embraces the opportunity to add value
- A teammate who enjoys working autonomously and under the demands of a fast-paced work environment
- A passion for the subject and steadfast dedication to excellence
Closing on 14 Oct 2021orview more job listings from this company