Data Centre Operations Engineer
BDX (SINGAPORE) PTE. LTD.
Engineering, Information Technology, Telecommunications
Permanent, Full Time
S$3000 - S$6000
This role will be responsible for a variety of data center functions, including:
- Perform Day and Night shift duty
- Monitor BMS and Security System
- Co-ordinate with other departments such as Service Desk, Service Delivery, etc.
- Facility Alarm Response and Escalation
- Handle customer’s requests such as delivery acceptance, remote hand supports, etc.
- Handle customers’ order such as provisioning of cages, racks and cross connects
- Manage Data Centre inventories – equipment, testers, consumables, etc.
- Support Facilities Planned Activities
- Manage & Supervise subcontractors and third-party vendors
- Compliance with standards of Data Centre – PCI-DSS & ISO27001
- Support Security Team in physical security access control
- Support Facility Team in facilities Preventive and Corrective maintenance
- Maintain documentation, floor layouts, records, procedures
- Project Management for special network & facilities implementation
- Review and improve operational procedures and processes
- Degree/ Diploma holders in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 2 -4 years’ experience in Data Centers or similar environment experience
- CCNA certification highly desirable
- Good principle and working knowledge of Telecommunication and Networking technologies
- Knowledge of test equipment such as circuit tester, optical power meter etc.
- Good customer facing, written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to work shifts and under minimum supervision
- Able to work independently and under stress
- Understanding of server hardware architecture, maintenance, and repair
- Knowledgeable of Building Electrical & Mechanical Systems (HVAC, CCTV, security access, BMS, Fire Protection System)
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS & ISO 9001 / 27001
Closing on 07 Mar 2021orview more job listings from this company