SQUAREPOINT OPERATIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
S$9000 - S$12000
Squarepoint is a global investment management firm that utilizes a diversified portfolio of systematic and quantitative strategies across financial markets that seeks to achieve high quality, uncorrelated returns for our clients. We have deep expertise in trading, technology and operations and attribute our success to rigorous scientific research. As a technology and data-driven firm, we design and build our own cutting-edge systems, from high performance trading platforms to large scale data analysis and compute farms. With main investment offices in New York, London and Singapore, we emphasize true, global collaboration by aligning our investment, technology and operations teams functionally around the world.
The mandate of the Data Science and Engineering team is to acquire, pre-process, and distribute multiple data sources for investment research. As part of the team you will work closely with the investment community to obtain new datasets, define and synthesize features of interest, and productize the full pipeline from dataset acquisition to deployment of predictive modelling processes.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.).
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Implement data microservices.
- Collaborate closely with teammates to ensure consistency and maximize re-use of software components.
The candidate must be comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment with an ability to deliver high quality work in collaboration with colleagues in offices in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject.
- Experience with data mining applications, preferably for finance-related applications
- Proficiency with Python and C++ development.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience developing, scripting, debugging and performance tools on Unix/Linux based development environment.
- Critical thinking: ability to track down complex data and engineering issues, evaluate different algorithmic approaches, and analyze data to solve problems.
- Self-starter: ability to rapidly learn and apply new technologies as warranted by projects.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Capable of developing industrial strength software components with colleagues across the globe.
- Knowledge and/or interest in trading and financial markets.
- Experience with highly available distributed systems.
- Experience with web application development
- Experience with real-time high performance software applications.
- Experience with large datasets such as web traffic, weather, Wikipedia, credit card transactions, etc.
- Exposure to KDB+ database and q scripting.
Please apply via: https://www.squarepoint-capital.com/job#953511
Closing on 30 Apr 2021orview more job listings from this company